<2000 Unfriendly horrible list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Unfriendly horrible list.

Ok. Whilst bored at work I dreamt up a list. It started off as wanting to add a skyhammer annihilation force to my list and then it kinda steamrollered from there into something I'm quite proud/ashamed of.

ULTRAMARINE CT.
    Techmarine -65pts

Dreadnought, H-Flamer, Pod -145pts
    Dreadnought, H-Flamer, Pod -145pts

5 Marines, Melta, Combi-Melta, Pod -125pts
    5 Marines, Melta, Combi-Melta, Pod -125pts

3 Centurions, Grav Cannons, -240pts

Drop Pod -XX
    Drop Pod -XX
    Drop Pod -XX

Skyhammer: 570pts
    5 Devs, 4 Multi Meltas, Combi Melta, Pod
    5 Devs, 4 Multi Meltas, Combi Melta, Pod
    5 Assault, 2 Flamers, Vet with Eviscerator
    5 Assault, 2 Flamers, Vet with Eviscerator

Basically. First turn sees the 3 Centurion units and a dreadnought pod down. The skyhammer also comes down first turn. I'd use the Devastator doctrine to re-roll to hit with Devs/Cents to really ruin someones day. Then the small assault squads can charge any tanks/mauled units and finish them off. Second turn the rest of the guys show up.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Lord Borak; September 12th, 2016 at 22:56.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

If I'm adding that up right it's only 1895...seems an odd choice of number!

I can't help feeling that interceptor would spoil your day quite a bit!

The centurions against anything wearing armour is going to be real mean (so most armies). In terms of slaughtering your oppponents I think the centurions are going to be key, lose them early and it's going to hurt. You're also not that manouverable in terms of objective capturing, so faster/larger armies are going to very much have the advantage there. It's all well and good laying down firepower, but if you've got eldar jet bikes hopping round you then you're going to suffer.

It's a solid list and I'd certainly be wanting to see how well it played on the table!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You missed off the Drop pods That'd be my guess anyway.

Aye. It's a fairly one hit wonder sort of list. Either they come down and kill what they need to or they end up getting murdered. Jet bike units would be annoying so they'd need to die. I could probably knock a few out with the assault squads but other than that it'd be up to the Centurions. Which would no doubt be shooting against Wraithknights and wraithguard.

I'm going to have to buy some more centurions and Pods to make the list though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Ah. Yes their points. I was assuming as no points next to them they were the "free" ones marines seem to be allowed to have. *shakes fist*

If you're writing this for casual then yes. If it's for tournaments then expect to see even bigger stuff. Last big tourny I went to, 86 entrants. 8 supremacy suits...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Statistically the 9 Grav Centurions will do 12.6 wounds to a Supremacy suit when they come down. So it should die before it even gets to shoot. So providing I don't completely fluff my dice rolls it should die. *should*. Unfortunately that does men the rest of the 1400pts of Tau is unmolested.

I don't really do tournament play. Mainly because I don't do tournament armies although this is probably a list I would take to one for the lolz. The last tournament I went to (1850pts) I saw a list with 4 Knights, a list with 3 riptides, multiple wraith knights, a guard army with a warhound and a list with a stompa with as many mechs in as possible. Against stuff with a Toughness I have grav centurions. Against everything else I have 10 Multi Meltas, 2 Combi-Meltas and combat in a pinch.

Marines only get free transports when they do a battle company formation (Captain, chaplin, 6 tactical squads, 2 assault & 2 Devs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

trust me when I say it will survive that. Remember it has a 4++ and 5+ FNP. I'm not sure on the maths, but with 10 wounds the likelihood of survival is high (see mine taking some 350 shots from a riptide wing and remaining on 1 wound).

D is basically the weapon of choice for a tournament. If you can find a way to shoe horn it in, you do. The last big tourny I went tho there were titans, knights, wraithknights etc galore. Lots and lots of big stuff.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I did the maths

45 Shots with re-rolls to hit = 40 hit.
    40 hits at 2+ to wound with re-rolls =37.55 Wounds.
    37.55 wounds Vs 4+ Inv = 18.77 wounds
    18.77 Wounds Vs 5+FNP = 12.51 wounds.

It's 720pts shooting at 600pts so it's a LOT to bring it down. But I could do it. Not sure it's worth it but if it needs to die, it can die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

*sudders* maths *shudders*

This is of course assuming they get first turn, all have line of sight and all are in range...I'm not sure what the range of the centurions grav guns are, but if they need to spend a turn positioning then they'll be in trouble. If I got turn one they'd be looking at a massive D blast, 2 swauds taking 3 s9 Ap1 shots and then the 8 s5 missiles...that's a lot of fire power to suck up from one model! lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x5)

Well it dose not really matter if you get the first turn, as he has them in the pods. The range of the grav is 24. Still you can bubble-wrap
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Ok. See if he then goes for extreme range the pods have got to come down so as to not scatter too far away. If they come down and scatter out of range they are wasted for a turn. Alternatively they come down too close and a superheavy will literally just stroll over there and kick them to death.

+ Reply to Thread