<1000 750 all primaris (first 8th army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

750 all primaris (first 8th army)

Hey all,

Been a while since I posted here, but, as per the title, I've made a fully primaris (barring vehicles) army for the shiny new edition. Would love to hear your thoughts on it please.

Lieutenant

Ancient

5 Hellblasters

3 Inceptors

3 Inceptors

Land Raider: 2 Twin lascannons, Twin heavy bolter

total comes to about 746 (since everything has no upgrades I've left the points off)

What do we think? From my experience so far, (albeit only against the new nids) I've had mixed results. The Land Raider is pretty brutal at knocking out enemy monsters/vehicles with its lascannons, (1 shotted a hive tyrant today, and took a large chunk off a mawloc too), and the inceptors are also pretty tasty, but the inescapable issue, (perhaps unsurprisingly), is the sheer lack of bodies.

Any thoughts on how it could be tinkered, improved, utilised effectively, etc? Or is it just unrealistic to put together a decent primaris list for the moment, (before they release the other stuff?)

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Personally I would look at taking two dreadnoughts over the Land Raider. The Land raider is nothing but a gun platform in this list (it can't transport anything) so you might as well take the Dreads. They can both take twin lascannons for Monster/Tank hunting but with Heavy Flamers and DCCW they can pack a punch in combat too. They might not be as durable but stick them in cover and they're very hard to shift. The Heavy Flamer is also great at deterring assaulter's too

I'm not sure the Ancient is worth it either. Maybe an Apothecary or even a Techmarine? but, really, take more bodies with those points. The Primaris Lieutenant is also a bit underwhelming in all fairness. I'd just grab a Techmarine. He's pretty killy and tough with that 2+ Save. Give him a Combi-Plasma and you have a model that hits on a 2+ with a Plasmagun!!! Combi-Weapons not being one shot wonders? WINNING!!

Although that's kinda not in keeping with the whole Primaris thing................. bah, just convert a Primaris Techmarine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Personally I would look at taking two dreadnoughts over the Land Raider. The Land raider is nothing but a gun platform in this list (it can't transport anything) so you might as well take the Dreads. They can both take twin lascannons for Monster/Tank hunting but with Heavy Flamers and DCCW they can pack a punch in combat too. They might not be as durable but stick them in cover and they're very hard to shift. The Heavy Flamer is also great at deterring assaulter's too

I'm not sure the Ancient is worth it either. Maybe an Apothecary or even a Techmarine? but, really, take more bodies with those points. The Primaris Lieutenant is also a bit underwhelming in all fairness. I'd just grab a Techmarine. He's pretty killy and tough with that 2+ Save. Give him a Combi-Plasma and you have a model that hits on a 2+ with a Plasmagun!!! Combi-Weapons not being one shot wonders? WINNING!!

Although that's kinda not in keeping with the whole Primaris thing................. bah, just convert a Primaris Techmarine
    Cheers Borak.

Considering what you've said, (and the fact there are some more primaris releases around the corner), I think I might shelve the idea for now to be honest...at least until we have more to pick from for them!

As a matter of interest though, I've also been tinkering with another of my 8th armies, (specifically my Imperial guard air cav list). What do you think of the following?

Company Commander: Plasma Pistol & Chainsword

Commissar: Plasma Pistol

Special Weapons Squad: Demo Charge & 2 Flamers

Special Weapons Squad: Demo Charge & 2 Flamers

Command Squad: 4 Plasmas

Command Squad: 4 Plasmas

2 Valks: 2 Heavy Bolters, Multi-Laser, 2 Rocket Pods each

and 3 Scout Sentinels: 3 autocannons.

Total comes to 746.

This one makes use of the rule whereby transports now seem able to carry multiple units in 1 go! The plan is basically to use the officer to order take aim on the plasmas after being dropped into rapid fire range, and then supercharging the shots to send out 16 S8 AP-4 D2 shots on whoever is unlucky enough to have earned their ire...

The Special Weapon Squads meanwhile, along with the valkyries, are there for infantry mulching, with the flamers and demo charges throwing out an impressive number of shots, as do the fliers, (albeit at a 5+).

The only thing I'm not sure on is the sentinels to be honest. At BS4 the last time I used them they were just so...underwhelming. On average it's just 3 hits, which for a 150 odd point gun platform I was quite disappointed with. The fact my opponent didn't even shoot at them only confirmed what a threat they were!

Anyway yeah, thoughts? - The other thing I'm curious on is whether the multi rocket pods are warranted on the valkyries. It's 44pts for the 4 I've currently got, but due to the fact they're always going to be fired at 5+ I can't help but think the missiles are a much inferior choice, (being only 1 shot).

+ Reply to Thread