<2000 Ultrasmurf Party Train - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lord Borak

Thread: Ultrasmurf Party Train

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultrasmurf Party Train

Spearhead Detachment

Hq;- Sergeant Chronus

HS;- Land Raider Crusader, twin assault cannons, 2 hurricane bolters, storm bolter, multi-melta, hunter killer missle = 322

HS;- 5 Devastators, armored cherub, Sergeant has a combi-melta, 4 multi-meltas = 197

HS;- 5 Devastators, armored cherub, Sergeant has a combi-melta, 4 multi-meltas = 197

E;- 8 Vanguard Jump Veterans, 2 chainswords each, Sergeant has a thunderhammer and chainsword = 164

E;- Ironclad, chainfist, dreadnaught close combat weapon, 2 heavy flamers, 2 hunter killer missles, ironclad launchers = 212

FLY;- Stormraven, twin assault cannon, twin heavy bolter, 2 stormstrike missle launchers, 2 hurricane bolters = 274

DT;- Razorback, twin assault cannon, stormbolter, hunter killer missle = 108

DT;- Razorback, twin assault cannon, stormbolter, hunter killer missle = 108

Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

LOW;- Grand Papa Smurf

total =2000
    CP= 7 (3 base + 1 spearhead +3 GP Smurf)

Hk's on everything simply because i had 30 points leftover and nothing to spend them on so..., I noticed the Devastator Sergeant doesn't sacrifice his shooting to use the signum this edition in fact he is a valid target for it so I thought the combi-melta would be a good buy, I'm hoping the 2 units and ironclad can drop from the raven and just ravage an enemy tank line or make that big bad super heavy so much melted slag, they are a source of indecision for me though as I am not sure if they can pull some weight if the enemy doesn't include any vehicles or monsters.

Deployment wise their is only 5 drops as chronus and the vets jump in or on the LRC and the 2 devs and ironclad jump in the RAVEN, Smurf daddy walks up with the tanks, the tanks provide him with protection from shooting and in return he gives them all re-roll to hit and wounds. I am not sure if the Vets are a good idea but they are my only hope to grab objectives late game short of parking a tank on one and hoping for the best and it just seems like fun, 2 chainswords a piece means if they contact a unit at full they'll shovel out a whopping 29 attacks and 3 more from a thunder hammer which just sounds like fun .

Would really like to hear some feedback about the list as is and what you would recommend I drop and/or change. I am having trouble jumping from 7th to 8th in general, I am too used to vehicles being alot cheaper than they are now and I liked to run heavy mech so I find that my infantry have been edged out as the vehicles start chewing more points, my poor landspeeder, tac marines and librarian have been left out in the void .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

First off, welcome to the forum!!!

Secondly. Yeah, the price hike on pretty much EVERYTHING hurts. We've increased the points limit of our games by 500pts. We normally played 1500/2000pts. Now we play 2k/2.5k. If feels the same and it has a very similar amount of models on the table.

The Vanguard squad looks fun. Why take two chainswords over a pistol and chainsword? You can fire the pistol in combat so you're not 'losing' an attack. You just make it in the shooting phase and have the potential to kill someone before they get to strike. Very useful if it's the turns after you charge.

I've not tried the LR Crusader yet. Let me know how it goes. I REALLY liked my Redeemer. That 2D6 autohits whilst on overwatch is freaking scary. It melted Chaos marines left right and centre and when they tried to charge it it melted them some more

Razors with Twin Assault cannons = Winning. Storm Bolters are a must on any tank now. Why wouldn't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

2 chainswords because it works during opposing fight phases as well, you can't shoot the pistols in the opponents turn so I figured with 2 swords is 29 str4 2 times a game turn where as with pistols its 29 followed by 21 and thats only if they take no casualties before striking, the pistols on a turn you charge also have to contend with cover.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hmm, True I suppose. Plus it looks cool Although Ultramarines? Sounds like they've been fighting alongside Space Sharks for too long

Now you just need to paint it

+ Reply to Thread