<2000 8th ED 1500pts Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

8th ED 1500pts Blood Angels

Hello chaps. The new 8th edition has breathed some life into my passion for 40k so I was just looking for some ideas for this all comers list. It's not intended for tournaments so doesn't have to be cut throat. Just fun with a decent chance of melting some face off now and again.

Oh, one thing, no Primaris marines or Death Company.

Chaplin, Melta Pistol [110]

5 Assault Marines, 2 Melta Guns, Power Axe [119]
    5 Assault Marines, 2 Melta Guns, Power Axe [119]
    10 Assault Marines, Thunder Hammer, Melta Pistol, 2 Plasma Guns, Melta Bomb [231]
    10 Assault Marines, Thunder Hammer, Melta Pistol, 2 Plasma Guns, Melta Bomb [231]

10 Devastators, Power Maul, Combi-Melta, 4x Heavy Flamers, armourium cherub [226]
    Dreadnought, Twin Heavy Flamer, DCCW, Heavy Flamer. [161]

Storm Raven, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Multi Melta, 2x Storm Strike Missile Launchers [303]

1500pts on the nose. I could be facing anything from Chaos Marines, Mechanicum and Orks so want a fairly balanced army. The Dreadnought just felt like it would be quite fun but I'm happy to swap things out as I'm only half way through building the assault marines at the moment.

What would you chaps suggest I take to up this to 2000pts? A Vanguard Vet squad armed with 2 chainswords each sou

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

You've got a lot of hitty stuff but not much anti-vehicle. I'd suggest switching the devastators to a 6 man squad with las and rockets. It'll give you some hitting punch against armour (which a lot of people are taking).

The downside to 8th is a lot of people using transports to tie up combat units, hopping out the back the next round and then charging in to smush stuff.

The vanguard squad would be mean. Maybe a predator? For their points they are currently obscene

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'm trying to steer clear of anything mechanised in this list. My Jade Tigers are all mechanised and boast Predators, Razorbacks and Land Raiders. I just wanted to try something different!

I could go with a Dev Squad with 4 Multi Meltas and a Sergeant with something tank killing (Combi-Melta and Hammer?) for some additional tank killing.

One thing I was thinking about was, for the 500pts 'add on' to make it 2000pts. I could add in 500pts of guardsmen. They can provide some decent firepower and gives me boots on the ground letting my Assault marines drop in.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Multi-melta's would give you some anti-tank. I'm assuming you would have to walk them forwards a bit though which means no hiding in cover and -1 to hit. You want them to take out shooting tanks and not transports. And given the range of most tank weaponry they will likely be hidden at the back of the board.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The idea would to either have them hopping out of the Storm Raven or Drop podding. Yeah, -1 to hit sucks but what else is there? 4 shots, 5 with a cherub and the Combi Melta should seriously weaken or outright kill most things.

What other options are there? Land Speeders with 2 Multi Meltas? They also get -1 to hit when moving so....... Either that I I just take some more Assault squads with 2 Melta guns. Perhaps a 5 man command squad with packs, 4 Melta guns and a sergeant with Combi-Melta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Just have a static dev squad set up on the board...start in cover so 2+ AS.

Brave man splashing the points on a drop pod! Those things cost half what my terminator squad does! And I know what one I would rather have!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

So............ thinking about not going down the Blood angels route at all and sticking to the normal Codex (for now).

The Iron Sworn - 1498pts

Chapter Tactics - Iron Hands
    Warlord Trait - Merciless Logic

Lieutenant with Jump Pack, Teeth of Terra, 2x Bolt Pistols -78pts ((Warlord))
    Chaplain with Jump pack, Combi-Melta -109pts

10 Assault Marines, Melta Bomb, Thunder Hammer, Grav Pistol, 2x Flamers -207pts
    10 Assault Marines, Melta Bomb, Thunder Hammer, 3x Plasma Pistols -202pts
    10 Assault Marines, Melta Bomb, 2x Lightning Claw, 2x Flamers -196pts
    10 Assault Marines, Melta Bomb, Power Sword, 3x Plasma Pistols -190pts
    10 Assault Marines, Melta Bomb, Power Fist, 3x Plasma Pistols -190pts

Storm Raven, Twin Lascannon, Twin Multi Melta, 2x Stormstrike Missile Launchers -318pts

Additional 500pts (Both units travel in the Storm Raven)

Leviathan Dreadnought, Melta Lance, 2x Heavy Flamer, Melta Gun, Seige Claw -356pts
    6 Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer, 3x Storm Shields, Melta Bomb -144pts

So, The Lieutenant and the chaplin stick together to form a bubble of re-rolls for everyone. Re-rolls to hit and re-rolls to wound of 1's is going to be damn handy for the assault marines!! The Lieutenant gets +D3 attacks. So, 4-6 attacks hitting on 2's (with a re-roll from the chaplain) with 6's generating additonal hits. Str5 (re-rolling 1's to wound), at AP-2 with Damage 2... Not bad for 78pts!!!!

The Assault squads, I wanted each squad to be different and have it's own character. I didn't want a repetitive, Min/Max list. Melta Bombs on everything though because Melta bombs are awesome (You can use them against monsters & characters!!!!).
    Last edited by Lord Borak; August 15th, 2017 at 08:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

It looks like it'll pack a lot of punch, but feels small to me. The Leviathan I think will be the target of heavy weapons fire turn 1, turn 2 (if it's dead) they'll turn on the storm raven.

It'd be interesting to see how this fared vs a gun line or horde force...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

It is small....... but then it's a marine list!! The Leviathan sucks up a lot of points. It's the same price as a Land Raider but it's more durable.

The Leviathan will travel in the Storm Raven on the first turn. So it will get deployed in the back field on the second turn, ready to mess things up the same time the assault marines come down. I'm tempted to drop a Vanguard Veteran in order to use the points for more upgrades. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

If you drop a vet an already small squad becomes even smaller for the sake of some equipment...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast