<3000 Jade Tigers 2500pts. Mechanised - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Jade Tigers 2500pts. Mechanised

Right, now that the new marine Codex is out this is what my 2500pt list is looking like....

JADE TIGERS BATTLE COMPANY: 2500pts
    Battalion Detachment

HQ: 179pts
    Chaplin, Plasma Pistol -79pts
    Lieutenant, Power Fist, Teeth of Terra, Bolt pistol -72pts

ELITE: 676pts
    10 Vanguard Veterans, 9x Storm Shields, 1 pair of lightning claws, 5x Thunder Hammers -298pts
    Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, DCCW -148pts
    Venerable Dreadnought, Twin Lascannon, Storm Bolter, DCCW -182pts

TROOPS: 905pts
    5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Razor Back, Twin Assault Cannon -178pts
    5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Razor Back, Twin Lascannon -193pts

HEAVY: 567pts
    Land Raider Crusader, 2x Hurricane Bolters, Twin Assault Cannon -287pts
    Predator, Twin Lascannon, 2x Lascannons -190pts
    Predator, Twin Lascannon, 2x Lascannons -190pt

Last edited by Lord Borak; August 8th, 2017 at 08:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

I've seen predators run with the assault cannons on and damn they are scary, pumping out a crap ton of shots.

As for knights being harder to kill. Nope. If anything they are easier to take down as everything can hurt them. I mean it's now possible to murderize a knight using a squad of ork boyz...yes it will take some lucky rolling but it can be done.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Maybe so, but they're less prone to falling to alpha striking. I used to drop pod two squads of Melta gun wielding squads or a command squad/ Sternguard squad sporting as much Melta as they could carry. That used to deal with them. However they can pretty much weather the storm and survive, injured but not dead. The Two Predators should be able to keep a Knights head down at least. 8 Lascannon shots is certainly scary.

One thing I'm going to do is to swap the Techmarine out for a Lieutenant. He's going to sit back with the Centurions and/or Predators and give them re-roll 1's to wound. Which should be fun I might swap one of the Dreads to a 'shooty' dread to babysit the Preds/Centurions to utilise that Dreadnought Stratagem.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Not sure what the dreadnought stratagem is, but a flamer and powerfist armed dread would be a good defence for them, a counter to any alpha strikes dropping nearby.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The Dreadnought stratagem basically turns gives it 'Rights of Battle' for a turn. So Re-Roll 1's to hit for anyone within 6". Pretty handy!!

Edit: Just realised I can't take 4 Heavy options in a Battalion detachment. That's thrown a spanner in the works!!
    Last edited by Lord Borak; August 1st, 2017 at 09:32.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok, so, hopefully this is the last list!!!

Battalion Detachment

HQ: 189pts
    Terminator Chaplin, Storm Bolter -117pts
    Lieutenant, P-Fist, Teeth of Terra, Bolt Pistol -72pts

ELITE: 738pts
    5 Assault Terminators, 5x Thunder Hammers, 5x Storm Shields -260pts
    Venerable Dreadnought, Twin Lascannon, Storm Bolter, DCCW -182pts

TROOPS: 905pts
    5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Razor Back, Twin Lascannon -193pts

HEAVY: 667pts
    Land Raider Crusader, 2x Hurricane Bolters, Twin Assault Cannon -287pts

It's light with boots on the ground (a measly 32 infantry models!) but it puts out a decent amount of Dakka ((72 assault cannon shots and 12 lascannon shots)). The lieutenant sits with the Lascannon Razorback, Venerable dread and Preds to give them the re-roll ones to wound. The Venerable Dread can also give them re-rolls of 1's to hit through a stratagem. So if some heavy armour needs to die quickly, they can get it done.... hopefully.

Thoughts? Major issues?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

It looks like a fairly solid list. You're going to struggle against assault heavy lists that Alpha strike though I think. And anything with a decent invulnerable save.

I'm looking at the terminators wondering how well just the one unit striking in would do. You might even want to consider switching their weapons. Why are they using thunder hammers? Are they vehicle hunting? Because you've got enough las to cover that. I'd suggest lightning claw and storm shield (if you can equip like that) and maybe one hammer or first to add so bigger punch.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The Terminators....... yeah, I guess. I have them painted so wanted to use them. Plus I have land Raiders painted and they needed something to go in them!! I could grab two Lightning claws but I've always found them to be fairly lacking in the 'choppy' department. Maybe 8th has changed this?

Not sure but I wanted to have something to combat deepstriking daemon princes and the like. What else would I get in their place? Shooty Terminators are pretty cheap and almost as killy on the charge........ or maybe a squad of Vanguard Veterans?

I could swap out the Terminator Chaplin and Terminators for a normal Chaplin with Plasma Pistol, 10 Vanguard Vets with 9 Storm Shields, 5 Thunder Hammers and 1 pair of Lightning claws. The Other Vets have Chainswords for 3 attacks a piece to help against hordes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

I didn't even look at them and think they were in the raider. I've not seen anyone hiding them when you can insta drop 9 inches away. Much more likely to see combat that way than hiding in a vehicle.

I'm tempted to say go for the vets squad over them. Same amount of wounds, same invun but more attacks...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Yes, but you drop down and then sit there. Unless you manage a risky 9" Charge. At least when they're in the land raider they can get out, then move (total 9") and then charge. They were mainly used for defence and counter attacks when something nasty got close. Such as Knights and/or Daemon Princes.

I think I'll go with the Vanguard Veterans. They're probably less durable against hordes but, then, I shouldn't be using them against hordes in the first place. It just means I need to make and convert and paint!!! 10 Veterans. *sigh*. Oh well......... I do have 10 suits of Iron armour sitting on my table that can be put to the task at hand.

Original post updated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast