<2000 Space sharks 2k vanguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space sharks 2k vanguard

hq;- tyberos the red wake

elite;- 10 vanguard veterans with jump packs and twin chainswords

elite;- 6 terminators, teleport homer, 5 power fists, 1 power sword, 5 stormboltors, 1 assault cannon

elite;- relic scorpius whirlwind, multi-launcher, stormboltor, hunter killer missle

elite;- relic sicaran venator, neutron laser, 3 heavy boltors, storm boltor, hunter killer missle

flyer;- xiphon interceptor, 2 twin lascannons, xiphon missle battery

heavy;- thunderfire cannon, techmarine gunner, 2 servo arms, plasma cutter, flamer

heavy;- predator, predator autocannon, 2 heavy boltors, stormboltor, hunter killer missle

My ultramarines are doing very well but have altered greatly since the codex dropped, I no longer field the vanguard unit I had and I am finding i miss it, it never performed particularly well but it was just really cool :3 , so I figure why not amp it up and see what an army built around them could do, to that end enter the space sharks,

taking a big blob of vets to form the core, grabbed tyberos cause why not lol, str5 vanguard vets with twin chainswords sounds pretty nice on paper anyway and he can tele right into the dip so his lower movement won't be too bad , I wanted assault termies but I feel the shooting kind will do the job better since i'll need them to pull double duty, the first is to land on forward objectives or key spots behind the lines while maintaining reinforcement threat of the tank firebase. The fire base itself I am trying to keep with the theme of mixed modern units with a heavy lean to heresy gear,

Im leaning toward black templar chapter tactics as the trait is very useful to the vets since my cp count is low, i don't want to use re-rolls on the charge dice if i can avoid it but it also opens up an interesting play with the tech gunner, because hes a character i can make him warlord and give him a trait in this case storm of fire, with the black templar helmet relic he will have a 9 inch storm of fire, should be enough to cover the thunderfire, predator and whirlwind to help eek out a few extra wounds, oddly enough it also gives him a 4 inch heal so i don't have to have the tanks all bunched up pearl harbor style, I did consider ravenguard and white scars but neither brings as much to the army as black templars, the scars have a nice trait but everything else is not so usefull, the raven guard have an amazing warlord trait should i choose tyberos but the rest is again not so useful, the black templars bring a good trait, a situationally useful stratagem, a good relic in combination with tech being warlord and a situationaly useful warlord trait should i choose tyberius and the relic still can go to the gunner for the 4 inch heal, the other tactic I think might be useful is iron hands, the 6+ feel no pain could be used to represent the old rage rule and the warlord trait could be good to eek out a little more damage for tyberos, the stratagem isn't too bad allowing the predator, tfc or whirlwind to re-position and still fire effectively though the relic is useless, unfortunately the tech gunner does not get a power axe for whatever reason, nor a chainsword which makes me sad because i'd go teeth of terra just for fluffiness if i could, my techmarine gunner is modeled with a chainsword after all

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

If the terminators are for fire support why are you spending so many points on giving them fists? Even if they were a combat unit I would still warn against taking a full fist unit. Lightning claws are definitely worth mixing in with some powerswords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they don't have that option, they are not cataphractii or tartaros, I did consider either of those units but I feel the teleport homer is important to keep the vehicle base supported without drawing away the vanguards

+ Reply to Thread