<3000 2400 pts lizardmen competetive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400 pts lizardmen competetive

New list, new army... what do you think... any improvements?

LIZARDMEN LIST

LORD = 515

SLAAN MAGE PRIEST (LVL 4 HIGH ) = 515
    w/ BSB (STANDARD OF DISCIPLINE), EARTHING ROD
    OBSIDIAN AMULET, BECALMING COGITATION
    FOCUS OF MYSTERY & HIGHER STATE OF CONCIOUSNESS

HEROES = 288

SKINK CHIEF = 114
    w/ TERRADON, SPR, LA, CHARMED SHEILD & THE EGG OF QUANGO

SKINK CHIEF = 84
    w/ TERRADON, SPR, LA & ENCHANTED SHIELD

SKINK PRIEST (LVL 1 BEASTS) = 90
    w/ DISPEL SCROLL

CORE = 888

30x SAURUS WARRIORS (FC) = 360
    w/ SPEARS

30x SAURUS WARRIORS (FC) = 360
    w/ SPEARS

12x SKINK SKIRMISHERS = xxx
    w/ LUSTRIAN JAVELINS & SHIELDS

12x SKINK SKIRMISHERS = xxx
    w/ LUSTRIAN JAVELINS & SHIELDS

SPECIAL = 546

1x BASTILADON = xxx
    w/ SOLAR ENGINE

3x RIPPERDACTYL RIDERS = xxx

3x RIPPERDACTYL RIDERS = xxx

6x CHAMELEON SKINKS = xxx

6x CHAMELEON SKINKS = xxx

RARE = xxx

1x SALAMANDER PACK = xxx

1x SALAMANDER PACK = xxx

TOTAL = 2397

Last edited by ELSE83; September 9th, 2013 at 20:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

The list seems reasonably solid, but I'm not sure how you're going to deal with heavily armoured units. I count nothing with a Strength higher than 4, and whilst Wildform'd Rippers can deal with regular Heavy Cavalry thanks to AP and Killing Blow, I'm not sure what your answer to units like Monstrous Cavalry/the ever-present Nurgle Daemon Prince (outside of Arcane Unforging off his Dragonbane Gem and Solar Engine-ing him to death, which is somewhat unreliable) will be. I also think that, with everyone knowing how to deal with Chameleons, that you won't really need 2 units of them, drop one to grab some things elsewhere, and keep one as a troubleshooter/support unit. That and with the Skink Chiefs, the Skirmishers and a Solar Engine, you won't need their help eliminating enemy chaff.

I like how you've taken the Terradon Chiefs to look after the Saurus Blocks, to make sure they don't have to overrun, that's an idea I use myself. I really like the Ethereal Slann still too, however they have become more vulnerable, and whilst you've dealt very well with the problem of Magic Missiles (MR2 on 4+ ward is sooooo tasty) they require being hidden and a unit to babysit them to protect them from the usual flying threats (whilst most of them won't have magical attacks, they will win combat through the charge, and that's a Slann stuck in place with a wound taken off it that you don't want, who it is dangerous to rescue). Whilst you have Skink Skirmishers, you want them further upfield for winning the chaff war/redirecting. I'd grab a Skink Cohort to block charges against the Slann, and in a pinch, it's more Javelins to throw into a Terrorgheist (another thing you will not like to have to deal with, but can if your Solar Engine works well). Not sure what else to suggest without restructuring the list somewhat; maybe some Kroxigor to provide some real smacking power?

+ Reply to Thread