<3000 2600 Tournament List - NEW LM list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600 Tournament List - NEW LM list

Hi guys,

I will be going into a tournament shortly and I need to have a 2000 points base list and 3x reserve list that you can select from based on your opponent. So you have one main list and 3x smaller 600 lists but they all need to suit the normal restrictions for a 2600 list. Also, because of the rules we are not allowed to generate more than 2x extra PD/DD every turn and can't have a unit more than 500 points.

LORDS
    Slaan, BSB, Chan. Staff / Convergence / Lore master/+ 1 MR (Obsidian) 420
    High Magic

HEROES
    Tetto'Ekko 185
    Gor Rok 185

CORE
    29 Saurus, FC 349
    14 Skink Skirmishers 98
    14 Skink Skirmishers 98
    11x Skink Cohort, Kroxigor 105

SPECIAL

20 Temple Guard, FC 310

RARE
    Ancient Steggadon, Sharpened Horns 250

RESERVES #1 - War Machines need to DIE
    3 Salamanders, one extra skink 244
    7 Chameleon 91
    8 Chameleon 104
    4x Ripperdactyl 160

RESERVES #2 - Combat, stay and fight with Saurus - Middle
    6 Cold One Cav, FC 210
    Bastliadon 150
    3 Salamanders 240

RESERVES #3 - Multiple Wound Enemies, magic defense, Buffs
    Ancient Steggadon, Sharpened Horns, 250
    Steggadon, Sharpened Horns, 235
    Skink Priest, Dispel Scroll (Beasts), Spellshield, Iron Curse Icon 115

The biggest problem I can forsee is that my slaan doesn't have very much protection from miscasts, however I was not planning on casting many powerful spells that needed more than 2-3 dice each. While swaping out some spells for the Wyssans, Miasma and trying my luck with life, maybe getting throne and swapping even more for life spells afterwards. After all, I only feel like I need drain magic, hand of glory and WBW. The rest are hit and miss imo and might be better with other lores.

The reserve lists are supposed to be what they are intended as - specialized forces which I hope will do their job. Tetto-eko I have found is an absolute BUFF machine and if you roll as bad as I do, re-rolling 1's in the magic phase is boss. Getting those 8+ (even 10+) spells off on 2 dice is that much more reliable since you only need 4 on 2 dice to cast. The extra Vanguard moves are REALLY AMAZING. It doesn't matter who you go against. For example, if I use the list with Rippers and Tetto-eko gives 2x units vanguard, I can have all my skinks march up and hide my rippers behind a building facing backwards (deny LD5 Frenzy). If I go first I fly rippers behind enemy lines to charge turn 2 while skinks get to march into the face of the enemy if there are squishy targets to kill. You could even move an entire flank forwards and gain board control immediately while putting out huge pressure.

I have battle plans for the reserves but the real plan is to have a really STRONG core, with stubborn Saurus (Gor-Rok) and stubborn TG flanked by Stegga, skirmishers to kill chaff and high-priority targets like warsphinx, giants or whatever and the skrox unit to bait, which when you hem up the PF and str 7 Krox, they take it well and can remove a really good unit of the game for at least 1-2 turns.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts please guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also worth noting that even though a lot of people run 2x Skink priests for buffs and a scroll etc - Tetto still provides a you with a Loremaster lvl2 and can similarly buff your units. Re-rolling 1's(harmonic convergence) might not be as strong as +1S/+1T, however it's possible to get Harmonic Convergence off on 1PD, in addition to also debuffing with CotMW - What's that? You have Killing blow? Re-roll them please. It's also especially useful to have a second MAIN mage in case your Slaan loses concentration.
    Last edited by honourandglory; September 10th, 2013 at 01:51.

+ Reply to Thread