<3000 Starting Lizards 2500 Competitive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Starting Lizards 2500 Competitive List

Hey all, been a Warhammer Fantasy player since the start of 8th and looking for a change from my Brets, lizards look like a fun combat block army so i'd like to try them out. This is a list I was able to come up with, all I have is the army book, i'm posting up a list i'd like to build up to for competitive play and would rather not buy a ton of models i'll never use, let's get it right the first time!

Here Goes

Lords
    Slann BSB wandering deliberations reservoir of eldritch energy becalming cogitation harmonic convergence channelling staff ironcurse icon standard of discipline

Heroes
    Skink Priest (beasts) dispel scroll
    Saurus Scar Vet cold one great weapon light armour dragonhelm dawnstone potion of foolhardiness

Core
    41 Saurus Warriors spears full command
    11 Skinks (Cohort)
    10 Skinks (Skirmishers) javelins and shields
    10 Skinks (Skirmishers) javelins and shields

Special
    29 temple Guard full command razor standard
    3 Terradon Riders
    6 Chameleon Skinks

Rare
    Ancient Stegadon
    Ancient Stegadon

Blocks form up with the Slann/temple guard in the centre, flanked on one side by horde-saurus and the other by stegadons. Terradons and chamelions harass warmachines, skirmishing skinks act as chaff/anti-chaff, the cohort grabs the skink priest and controls the PF of my saurus and temple guard, staying behind the lines and throwing javelins at any flyers that come after them. The scar vet can either stick around the main battle line, likely inside of the saurus unit or he can go hunting on his own and attack my opponets backfield, monster hunting is also an option.

Thoughts? Ideas? Will only 2 real combat blocks (3 if you count a pair of Stegs) be enough for this level?

IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

I would say to drop the terradons in favour of 6 more camo skinks. I would also drop the ranked unit of skinks, it just isn't needed. Try running the priest on his own behind the saurus/temple guard so they don't have to overrun. Stegs could do with the sharped horns upgrade to kill monsters on the charge. Also Engine of the gods works amazing if you can find the points. The skirmishers should be using blow pipes, remember they skirmish so can march 12 and then fire, this helps a lot to get in short range and double tap, if not just single shot you only want the 6's to be fair and 20 shots a unit hitting on 6's is the way to go. Also I would go hand weapon and shield on the saurus unless you have a steg with engine of the gods next to it for the ward. The unit sizes and characters look spot on.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I managed to get that all in there, but dropping the ranked skinks meant i was a little short on core, a little more shuffling and an added saurus and skink and this is what i've got now, just a little worried about running the skink priest on his own so he'll probobly join up with some skirmishing skinks for protection.

Lords
    Slann BSB wandering deliberations reservoir of eldritch energy becalming cogitation harmonic convergence channelling staff ironcurse icon standard of discipline

Heroes
    Skink Priest (beasts) dispel scroll
    Saurus Scar Vet cold one great weapon light armour dragonhelm dawnstone potion of foolhardiness

Core
    42 Saurus Warriors spears full command
    11 Skinks (Skirmishers) blowpipes
    10 Skinks (Skirmishers) blowpipes

Special
    28 temple Guard full command razor standard
    5 Chameleon Skinks
    6 Chameleon Skinks

Rare
    Ancient Stegadon sharpened horns engine of the gods
    Ancient Stegadon sharpened horns
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

This list now can deal with monsters, war machines, infantry and well everything. Wondering deliberations is a good gift the sig spells are awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Also I would run the priest solo and then jump them into a unit if something threatens them form behind. Most people wont bother dropping a stone thrower on him and what not as around 100 pts is not the top priority for most people.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Hi sorry about the late reply.

Your slan has alot of points sunk on him shouldn't be an issue just something to be aware of. Magic wise you have loads if your going wondering diliberations do you really need the skin priest (only reason you take one is for wild form)? also you will be starving for dice. The thing with the sig spells they are all handy but i find a focused buff or de buff set of magic works best for lizards. I find light was written for Lizards with all bubble buffs to speed (the one weekness lizards has).

What formation are your saurus warriors in ? same again temple guard?

Tbh you had the giant blow pipes for monsters each steg putting out 4D6 poison shots the thing with monsters they often have no armour so poison is ideal.

The razors standard isn't nessary but could be useful if you need points thats where i would free them.

Again Scar vertran isn neccassary but can be useful i steg helm is a good choice here with halberd your looking at S 6 T 6

The list isn't bad its competetive but really it needs another decent block at 2k i have 30 saurus and 2 blocks of 30 Temple guard (one 26 with a slann)

Hope this helps hope you have got some and are playing some games.

+ Reply to Thread