How is high working for your lizzardmen? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

How is high working for your lizzardmen?

As the title says how are people finding high magic for the lizzards personally feel its a cop out they didn't get there own lore and the fact they didn't get the best bit about the lore and thats the lore attribute, so overall thoughts on high?

Also lets expand this a little to the the every lore mastery whats your thoughts on that and is it a viable option?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I actually like the lore attribute. It will make the slann very versatile. The high elf one wouldn't really be that much of a benefit to an army that doesn't start with any ward saves.

I don't like the discipline that gives you all the signature spells from the 8 lores. You have some good basic spells, but nothing that will really be a game changer. And since the loremaster gives you the chance to get the ones you need anyway, I don't see this as a benefit.

My two cents (I expect change),
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

You can only loremaster high now. The attribute is Ok but you don't know what spell you would get if you could pick a spell that would be better were as the else one your gunna be casting what 3 spells that's temple guard with a 4++ that would be near impossible to take down. No I don't think it's to useful either would be better if you could pick a spell from each lore

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Im on the fence about high magic. It feels good and at the same time it dosen't. Im leaning towards it however, but ill need a few more games with it, my only real irk is that our skinks cant take 1 other lore.
    Don't mess up our fluff GW!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekalbs View Post
    Im on the fence about high magic. It feels good and at the same time it dosen't. Im leaning towards it however, but ill need a few more games with it, my only real irk is that our skinks cant take 1 other lore.
    What other lore did you want. Beasts and Heavens are two pretty good lores.

SirKently

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    What other lore did you want. Beasts and Heavens are two pretty good lores.

SirKently
    Light. I'd like that lore though I'm glad they added beasts. Fire while not really a preferred lore of mine could have been viable representing their belief in their sun god Chotec.

So far High magic has been pretty good especially with the loremaster ability so early game when I don't got any good spells to right in the beginning I can just cast some of the not so useful spells in an attempt to swap em for more useful ones. Though I've been wondering if you could opt for the signature spell of the standard lores when swapping spells cuz that would be great
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Light, but yeah not really complaining its just a little irk. But yeah i agree heavens and beast are definitely nice to have.
    Don't mess up our fluff GW!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Yes you can swap to the sig spell when rolling for a new spell.

SirKently

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

To be fair, with the wording on the High Magic Loremaster Discipline, nothing says you can't choose another Lore as well. Loremaster as a rule simply states that the bearer of the rule has all of the spells in the bracketed Lore, doesn't necessarily mean (until an inevitable faq) that you can't choose another Lore and then have Loremaster of High.

As for the Lizzie's Lore attribute, the ability to swap Tempest to Searing Doom against High armoured targets or other sigs to help. Plus the ability to have a mixed bag of good spells is awesome, generally.

+ Reply to Thread