Cold ones - with or without spears? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold ones - with or without spears?

I have just started a lizardmen army and am about to put together my cold one cavalry. My original 800pt starting list had five of them with spears but after reviewing the matter I'm not sure the spears add enough to be taking 20 pts from my list; Especially when a good wyssans cast will give the rider and the mount strength 5 in any event.

What are people's experience with cold ones and spears. Worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always loved using CoC in friendly games, especially in the last army book. Saving 20 points from the spears at this point, to me, is good because it gets me 4 more skinks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

hmmmm 4 skinks ok but str 5 6 on the charge with wyssans i run 12 with spears and i have priest light skink beasts byrons tim warp (which is great in general) and wyssans is a great combo this makes them a line breaker unit thats 6 asf attacks potentially at str 5-6 per model there is nothing surviving that so in short spears everytime. (yeah i agree they are costly though)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I prefer spears. If charging something, I want to cause as much damage as possible. Don't think of it as paying for the spears, think of it as saving a point from what they cost in the last edition, and the horses get an extra attack as well.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    I prefer spears. If charging something, I want to cause as much damage as possible. Don't think of it as paying for the spears, think of it as saving a point from what they cost in the last edition, and the horses get an extra attack as well.

SirKently
    Absolutely agree. Unless you're planning on putting them against elves then they're fairly likely to come up against T4 often enough so S5 is valuable.

+ Reply to Thread