So now that we are over the initial release.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now that we are over the initial release....

Hey Guys hope the hobby has been treating your well, Posting this because I've read threw the "New army book" thread and noticed a lot of gloom and doom particularly in the early post. One thing however really stuck out like a sore thumb to me and that was a comment that was along the lines of "This army has no variety in builds"

That really shocked me cause I've just picked up the army book and after reading through it twice I have had about 5 different builds flying about in my head that all seem fun and viable. Everything from the good old saurus block temple guard Slann and stegadon, to all skinks, Carnasaur Oldblood and cold ones, Flyer spam, etc etc. And the only unit that I couldn't see using was the troglodon from the new stuff.

Am I just being naïve? I understand that this forum has plenty of vet players in it but I have the skaven and [email protected] armies and I find that Lizardmen are just a versatile as both of those.

So now that the initial shock of the book has settled in; is the overall feeling the same as before?

"You cannot defeat change; only embrace it"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that there are options in this new book. There're no drastic changes beyond what seems to be the standard change in fantasy warhammer = new monsters.

On the subject of new monsters, I must say that I find the Troglodon fairly lame. The bastiladon is a nice addition though.

Interestingly, I have a 750 point list that I use to teach some of the kids at my school how to play. When I updated the list with the new points values it came to exactly the same total, suggesting to me, a similar balance to last time.

+ Reply to Thread