Slaan question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slaan question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaan question

Howdy everyone. Recently proxied a Lizardmen army to try them out against a friend (cuz I have a Chaos army, now I'm looking for a "good guys" army) and had a question regarding the Slaan. According to his rules, if he's in a unit of TGs, he must be in the second rank (unless you don't have enough rank-n-files to make a front rank). How does this effect spell casting? I understand Hex, Augment, and Direct Damage spells do not require LoS and certain template spells do not require the template to start at the caster and can be cast fine, but Magic Missiles require direct LoS from the front arc. If the Slaan is indeed in the second rank, can it cast magic missiles at all or are those spells simply useless? We figured it would be true LoS for the model and it would see over top the TGs (following the rule about not being a model on foot even though it's labeled as Infantry), but played it out as if he couldn't for fairness sake. Can anyone clarify and provide a page reference if there is such thing for this? Thanks!

Warriors of Chaos > 3,000
    Skaven <1,500
    Life - TBA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Under the Magic missiles header "... trace line of sight (just as if the wizard was firing a missile weapon)." page 31 BRB

And the section under the header Fire in two ranks page 39 BRB.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; January 5th, 2014 at 06:35.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so basically the Slaan can cast any and all spells from second rank except the template ones that start at the Slaan (because it would cover a friendly model in doing so).
    Warriors of Chaos > 3,000
    Skaven <1,500
    Life - TBA

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

As far as I can see there are only 2 spells that have that situation of requiring friendly fire to cast from the 2nd rank, Purple Sun and Burning Head. By my reading of the rules Purple Sun is not a Direct Damage spell so may freely be cast on friendlies (there used to be a combo with the old VC book which banked on casting Purple Sun through friendly Zombies for PD to sustain multiple castings of Transformation of Kadon), however Burning Head would be illegal.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; January 5th, 2014 at 07:20.

+ Reply to Thread