Tactics against undead and daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics against undead and daemons

Hey guys I've been battling daemons and VC a lot lately,
    Any thoughts or tactics you've found that work we'll against them?
    Thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Play a bunch against daemons, not so much against VC. Obviously a light slann would work well. Also, be sure to bring a banner of flame if you can.

For tactics, as a general rule, I will move up on the sides, and hang back in the middle with the combat blocks. You generally want to get rid of the chaff and units on the flanks, and cast spells at the main blocks for a long as possible. And if you take skink priests, go with heavens. Good for taking out the flyers.

Best of luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that 42 Saurus Warriors with spears joined by a Scar-Vet BSB carrying a halberd does wonderful things. I don't even put this unit in a horde formation either, I run a 7x6 block with full command. I haven't played against Demons, but I play against VC a lot. As long as you have a solid block of Saurus (or Horde) and a character, you are guaranteed to counter the VC's "Blender" tactic. I typically run with 12-14 skink skirmishers to act as a screen in front and/or to protect flanks. I will also take a Salamander to be a flank protector. Even without Lore of Light, you can still do amazingly against VC with any other lore. Last game I took Wandering Deliberations and since I was more combat focused, I won with very little magic on my side.

+ Reply to Thread