CMC New to Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Lizardmen

Hey there LO so I'm new to the Lizardmen, I don't know much about them or their playstyles other than fluff so any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have bought the army book, battalion,a scar Veteran and a Stegadon. I was also going to buy a skink priest, so what do you think I should add to my army from here.

Thanks for any replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

What points level you looking to start at?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

I would say another box of skinks, 2/3 boxes of saurus, 1 more temple guard box another steg and a slann. Lizardmen like big units of saurus, skinks with blow pipes skirmishing, stegs want to be ancients and full command for all units besides the skinks who want none. Scar vet should get armour of destiny and a great weapon. Slann do good just don't take the ethereal upgrade.
    Anyway post a list up and let us have a look.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Keep the slann basic with bsb and you don't need full command standard only and the lore of light again you don't need big units of skinks best used like wolves 10-12 in a unit javelin and shield on flanks. Ancients are better because of the giant blow pipe. My current list has no slann lol. It's an interesting game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run a Slann with Becalming Cogitations and Earthing Rod. I also run an Oldblood with shield, Gold Sigil Sword, Armor of Destiny/Talisman of Preservation, and Crown of Command. I run a Scar-Vet BSB with a ward save and halberd. Throw the Saurus characters into a large block of Saurus warriors and you can pretty much grind anything down. I usually put the BSB in a 7x6 block of spears and the Oldblood in a horde that's 11x4. The Slann is in a block of TG that's 6x5.

The best unit combo I run is the horde with the Oldblood for whittling down monsters and other impressive units. The block of spears with the BSB can do some damage too.

I would agree with running the Scar-Vet with Armor of Destiny and GW because you will more than likely be fighting an enemy with a higher I value. The Stegadon is a reliable model.

I run a block of 12 cold ones--which is highly advised against by most players, but it's what I have. They have done well for me, but you can work with a small unit of 5 or 6 with spears. (Plus, you get more bang for the buck with a Stegadon.)

+ Reply to Thread