Totem of Prophecy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Totem of Prophecy

Has anyone had any experience with this?

In 3k games i'm really tempted to give it a whirl. Aside from the fear checks i think that a large block of saurus should cause enough wounds to win a combat and outnumber (picking your battles wisely), thus the opponent breaking automtically. Combined with bs of chotec and a nasty surprise could await you opponent.

Ciao

Stonehambey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on the size of the unit and what unit is attacking it. But it seems likely that if someone is attack your unit with a slann in it than that unit is probably pretty strong or large enough that it will cancel out the +4 combat resolution that the unit starts with.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by asianavatar
    But it seems likely that if someone is attack your unit with a slann in it than that unit is probably pretty strong or large enough that it will cancel out the +4 combat resolution that the unit starts with.
    Doesn't have to go with a slann, if you dont have a slann you can stick it with a unit of normal saurus so people won't expect it:shifty:

Ciao

Stonehambey

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really..Saurus can't take a magic standard unless
    1) they are temple guard in which case the slann is in the unit
    2) the unit has a battle standard bearer, but I thought they could only have a magic standard up to 50 points.

I could be wrong since my LM book isn't with me at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really..Saurus can't take a magic standard unless
    1) they are temple guard in which case the slann is in the unit
    2) the unit has a battle standard bearer, but I thought they could only have a magic standard up to 50 points.

I could be wrong since my LM book isn't with me at the moment.
    A battle standard bearer can have a banner with no points limit.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by domread
    A battle standard bearer can have a banner with no points limit.
    Yeah this was where i got the idea from. A large unit of saurus with the BSB in. Would cost 100 points for the banners combined which is why i might be tempted to only take it in 3k+ games.

And as asianavatar has so beautifully shown, people aren't likely to see it coming.

Just a thought, wondered if it had any credibility

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no saurus warriors cant take battle standards only army standard bearers, saurus cavalry and temple guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if you make one of your saurus heros the army's battle standard bearer and put him in that saurus unit.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Not if you make one of your saurus heros the army's battle standard bearer and put him in that saurus unit.
    Correct. So for the last time you *can* have a saurus unit which causes fear, which wasn't the point of the thread.

What i was asking was how well it would work in a game situation. All my years of playing lizards and i've never really thought of it before.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now that we have that out of the way, sorry for my mistake before...

The unit would have to be of 25 saurus for it to be effective. Only problem with this is that this unit is intimidating as it is. Anything that decides to attack that unit is either really powerful in which case they will probably do enough damage to negate your static CR, really weak (and a stupid move) which would either win and break them even if you didn't have the banner, or if they stayed in combat your low initive wouldn't be a problem. The totem becomes useful however if the unit attacking is something that may not break you on the charge but hold you up in combat while doing decent damage every turn. In this case the chance to autobreak them may come in useful.

In the end, I think it might be useful however, I don't expect it to do serious wonders or be a game turner against a decent opponent. Use it more as a psychological advantage than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast