Which Sacred Host Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Sacred Host Army?

Ok I got a tourny next weekend and I am gonna try something new with my army. I am dropping my Salamanders for a DOW Cannon. which free's up some points to maybe shift in a sacred host army. I know there will be Skaven,Chaos,bretonnia, Dwarf anvil cheese, Empire and I think Tomb kings. I am kind of Torn between Tepok and Quetzl for which to choose. whats making me deliberate this is if I go Quetzl I lose 10 skinks (1 Unit). Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on your army list...what does your list play like, what does it consist of...

Personally I like the quetzl, can't go wrong with +1 armour save. Make javalin skinks survivable in combat...not very survivable in combat...but survivable. Also the lore of death isn't bad either since your skink priest will have to use that, if you even have any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goin 2nd gen slaan with 2 Scar Vets. No skink priests

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I like both tepok and quetzl, they would be my two faves.

I don't play many special choices so i'm able to throw enough spawnings around without actually commiting to a sacred host.

I think Tepok would play well if you go for magic defence, because combined with the diadem you can produce a sh*tload of DD

Ciao

Stonehambey
    Last edited by Sammy the Squib; June 27th, 2006 at 20:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather take the quetzl spawning for the army than add tepok to characters or units to add extra dispell dice if needed. Tthe slann has +1 to dispell along with drain magic if needed. Isn't there an item that grants an extra dispell and power dice plus diadem can be used for dispell dice if you come up against a particularly heavy magic army. That should be enough dispell dice I think...

+ Reply to Thread