<2000 New ogre player seeking advice on 1k army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ogre player seeking advice on 1k army!

I have played fantasy before, so I roughly know how to play, but would like to hear some comments on the list i made.

Bruiser
    BSB
    Heavy amour
    Enchanted shield
    Dragon helm

Butcher (plain)

6 Ogres
    Full command
    Additional hand weapons

5 Ironguts
    Musician
    Standard bearer

3 Leadbelchers

Ironblaster

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeposer View Post
    I have played fantasy before, so I roughly know how to play, but would like to hear some comments on the list i made.

Bruiser
    BSB
    Heavy amour
    Enchanted shield
    Dragon helm

Butcher (plain)

6 Ogres
    Full command
    Additional hand weapons

5 Ironguts
    Musician
    Standard bearer

3 Leadbelchers

Ironblaster
    Purely based on your list, I would suggest:

strip your Bruiser of his enchanted shield and pump those points (a long with the points you gain by what I will suggest next :-)) into making your butcher a level 2 wizard. More magic will make it more viable.

Instead of additional handweapons, give your Bulls ironfists. This will also prolong their existence :-).

Swap out the ironguts with another unit of Bulls with ironfists with full command. this way they would cost you 222 points each.
    Added bonus is that if you would field your units 3x2, your butcher and bruiser would end up in the second rank, since command group has to be in the first rank. A hardhitting unit, with a suprise in the middle.

Leadbelchers and ironblaster are ok as is.

Lot's of luck!

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

You really need to find a way to squeeze in a Sabretusk or two. They are great at redirecting or warmachine hunting.
    As for the rest of the list, it's not bad. The Bruiser can have either the Dragonhelm or the Enchanted Shield, since they're both magic armour.
    Definitely swap the Ogre's XHW for Ironfists, it give them a boost to their armour, and a parry save, which is never to be underestimated.
    Unfortunately you can't increase the butcher's level because of the point limit on heroes, but that's just something we have to deal with, but you can give him an IronFist to give him a chance at armour.
    Chuck a Muso in with the Belchers, it'll come in handy. And forget about champs for pretty much all the commands, they're not really worth the cost.
    Are you planning on running the Butcher and Bruiser in the one unit?

It really is difficult to build a great ogre list at such low points, especially if you want more than 1 character.
    You could try the following list.

Butcher (General) - Level1, IronFist
    Bruiser (BSb) - Heavy Armour, IronFist
    Ogres x6 - Muso, Standard, IronFist
    Ironguts x4 - Muso, Standard
    Belchers x3 - Muso
    IronBlaster
    Sabretusk x2 (seperate units of 1)
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

+ Reply to Thread