<1000 New Ogre, first army list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

New Ogre, first army list!

So, I'm trying to build together a 1000 point army list to start my Ogres, So far all that I own is a Battalion and a box of Mournfang Cavalry. I havent played Fantasy in well over 2 years now, Ever since my group stopped playing fantasy and started 40k instead, but we are returning to Fantasy again ^_^

Anyway, Here is a list I wrote together trying to get my first 1000 point army

Firebelly

Bruiser
    -BSB

6 Ogres
    -Two hand weapons
    -Champ
    -Standard
    -Musician

6 Ironguts
    -Champ
    -Standard
    -Musician

4 Leadbelchers

926 points total. So I need to get another 74 points.. and if I counted correctly my two heroes fill out the allowed points for heroes at 1000 points..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x1)

Get yourself an Ironblaster, it has become a staple in every Ogre army I make. Mournfang are great, I had 2 take down a unit of 70 Empire spearmen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

Mate, looks like you're going the same route as me collection-wise, i.e. Battalion + extras.

I've got the battalion but haven't bought my next unit yet.

The Ironguts and bulls make an adequate hammer and anvil set up whilst the belchers are great for wiping chaff units and fast cav... next should come down to what you feel needs supplementing, which may depend on your regular opponents more than anything.

If you need more faster combat then a pair of mornfang will be good. I need a bit more ranged support so I'm punting for an ironblaster.

A couple of sabretusks look like a must at this points level to set up your charges and deny the enemy's.

maxing out on heroes can be a good shout in horde armies and although I'm new to OK, I'm a WoC vet, maxing out really limits what you can field with the big guys. I recommend just 1 then you could possibly use those lovely mornefang of yours.

standard of discipline can mitigate the low Ld of a butcher general or increase that of a bruiser whilst allowing you to save enough points for another unit.

Thou exactly what hero to take... ***shrugs*** hopefully someone else has a better insight than me.
    Last edited by Davidian; February 16th, 2014 at 20:26.

+ Reply to Thread