<3000 3000 Pts, O.K, First time, FEED BACK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

3000 Pts, O.K, First time, FEED BACK

Lord

SM lvl4 death/heavens, fencer blades, glittering scales, crown of command

Hero

BSB, Iron Curse Icon, T.Preservation, heavy armor, iron fist

Firebelly lvl2, great weapon, hell heart

Core

17 ogres, fc, Iron fists, gnoblar
    10 gnoblars, trappers
    10 gnoblars, trappers
    6 Iron guts, bellower, musician, gnoblar

Special

7 ledbelchers, bellower
    1x4 sabre tusks
    4 mournfang, heavy armor, iron fist, bellower, banner (dragonhide)

Rare

Iron blaster
    Iron blaster
    Scrap launcher

The last things I added was one more belcher and scraplauncher. I was almost capped at special so was unsure what to put in?

My idea was to maybe have the BSB and lord inne ogres (horde) and the firebelly with Iron guts , getting the hell heart close.

One other idea was to stay with the lord at range boost with heaven or snipe with death.

Covering flanks, baiting with gnoblars.

Sabre tusk are my solo hunters (warmachines, wizards) bait frenzy units.

Mournfangs jump on smaller units and pick them off.

Cannons, just go crazy!

(I have tons of models, bought a painted army from a friend).

How is the army?
    Tips ideas?

/Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Padea View Post
    Lord

SM lvl4 death/heavens, fencer blades, glittering scales, crown of command
    First, he's got to have Lore of the Great Maw, because he's the only Slaughtermaster/Butcher in the list. At least one of your SM/Butchers must have LotGM. Also, no Glittering Scales or any other magic armors on a Wizard, unless they start with armor listed in their profile. SMs are not armored casters like Vampires or WoC Sorcerer Lords. Finally, why Glittering Scales in the first place, rather than a Wardsave? A lot of the Miscasts are S10 and therefore ignore your Armor. A Wardsave protects you from that.

Hero

BSB, Iron Curse Icon, T.Preservation, heavy armor, iron fist
    Looks about right.

Firebelly lvl2, great weapon, hell heart
    I was never really a fan of these guys, as I was never really a fan of Lore of Fire. I think that swapping this guy for a Butcher would probably work, if you're just trying to sneak another L2 into the list. Also, that would let you throw Great Maw on the Butcher, and give your SM a lore of your choosing.

Core

17 ogres, fc, Iron fists, gnoblar
    This is your Deathstar then?
    10 gnoblars, trappers
    10 gnoblars, trappers
    No Trappers in these. Think about it: you're doubling their cost in an attempt to cause 1-in-6 casualties for your enemy? Not worth it. I would rather have either 20 Gnobbies, or four regiments of 10.

6 Iron guts, bellower, musician, gnoblar
    These look tagged on. My suggestion? Drop the Bulls, get Ironguts instead. Use a single block as your 'Star. These guys are just tagged on.

Special

7 ledbelchers, bellower
    Small units of Belchers. You'll want to split their fire up over multiple targets, believe me. These guys are awesome at cutting down regiments of chaff, like Fast Cav and Birds, that get in your way.

1x4 sabre tusks
    Most people go with 3 Solo Tusks, and use those in the role that you're currently using your Gnoblars. So there's something to think about.

4 mournfang, heavy armor, iron fist, bellower, banner (dragonhide)
    A good unit.

Rare

Iron blaster
    Iron blaster
    Scrap launcher

The last things I added was one more belcher and scraplauncher. I was almost capped at special so was unsure what to put in?

My idea was to maybe have the BSB and lord in ogres (horde) and the firebelly with Iron guts , getting the hell heart close.

One other idea was to stay with the lord at range boost with heaven or snipe with death.

Covering flanks, baiting with gnoblars.

Sabre tusk are my solo hunters (warmachines, wizards) bait frenzy units.

Mournfangs jump on smaller units and pick them off.

Cannons, just go crazy!

(I have tons of models, bought a painted army from a friend).

How is the army?
    Tips ideas?

/Jim
    Seems alright. Admittedly, Ogres aren't one of the armies that I play regularly, but just skimming through your list everything seemed to be about right. This section of the forum is a touch slow, so you might not get responses right away. If you've already got the models, I'd say that your best bet is to go out and start play-testing. 3k is a pretty big army to get to grips with though, and from what I've seen, Ogres handle better in smaller games than in the larger ones. Try 2500pts first, perhaps? It would save you "stretching" to meet your minimum Core requirements, and you could pare your other choices down to the sheer best
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

slaugther masters and butchers can take an iron fist, which is armour and as such they are allowed to take magical armour(its also says so in the faq, page1).

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Thanks for replies!

Edited list:

LORD
    Slaughtermaster, Lvl4 Death/Heavens, Armor Of Destiny, Grut's Sickle, Iron Fist

HERO
    Buiser, BSB, Iron Curse Icon, T.Preservation, Heavy Armor, Iron First
    Butcher, Lvl2 (Great Maw), Great Weapon, Hell Heart

CORE
    16 Iron Guts, FC, Banner Of Discipline, Gnoblar
    15 Gnoblars

SPECIAL
    4 Mournfang Cavalry, Heavy Armor, Iron Fists, Bellower, Banner (Dragon hide)
    5 Ledbelchers, Bellower
    5 Ledbelchers, Bellower
    Sabre tusk
    Sabre tusk
    Sabre tusk

RARE
    Iron Blaster
    Iron Blaster
    Stonehorn

2998,5 POINTS

I think this might be better, unsure about the tusk. Would have been cool to have him with a hunter.
    Or beef up a big unit of gnoblars (I have about 70+ painted)
    Don't know how good gorgers are either but it's not a lot of points if taken.

Lord: I think the strongest are either death or heavens. Though with such a fast army I don't know if I have that much time to snipe characters. Also if I go heavens I most likely will get the 1st spell. (re-roll 1s hit and wound) And pretty awesome that you can do it as AoE. I think the Sickles is a cool item. Sure my lvl4 is dead on a double 1, but when it happens.. It happens! Anyway you have let's say around 4-7 rounds of magic before game ends. That will be 4-7 wounds on the belchers (also if the two units are close he can swap to the other one to reduce some of the wounds on one). The point is you get +2 on your casting, and I think it is worth it. Pretty agressive!

The BSB is with the Iron guts same goes for the Lvl2 (Horde style) Probably going for the signature (stubborn), if there is not some really good spells.
    Also was going back and forth on the iron guts whether I should go banner of swiftness or banner of discipline same points.. But the ld.9 might be the stronger one, though M7 sounds cool!
    Really unsure about the stonehord, one big ass unit anyway! Or 1-2 big units of gnoblars?

/Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

LORD
    Slaughtermaster, Lvl4 Great Maw, Armor Of Destiny, Grut's Sickle, Iron Fist

HERO
    Buiser, BSB, Iron Curse Icon, Crown of Command, Dragon helm, Heavy Armor, Iron Fist
    Butcher, Lvl1 (Heaven), Great Weapon, Hell Heart

CORE
    9 Iron Guts, FC, Banner Of Discipline
    9 Ogres, FC, IFs

SPECIAL
    4 Mournfang, Cavalry, Heavy Armor, Iron Fists, Bellower, Banner (Dragon hide)
    6 Maneaters, Bellower, Banner, Cleaming Pennant, Brace of Ogre Pistols(sniper, poison)
    4 Ledbelchers, Bellower
    4 Ledbelchers, Bellower
    Sabre tusk
    Sabre tusk
    Sabre tusk

RARE
    Iron Blaster
    Iron Blaster

2999 POINTS

Made quite some changes on the list, but now it feels really well rounded to face pretty much anything.
    Heroes staying in 2nd rank with the IGs, providing the hellheart/stubborn support!
    The rest I think pretty much speaks for itself.

Will try this out soon!

/Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

So I tried the list twice yesterday!

First it was vs a vampire list, lost pretty big. Deathstar graveguards, Tgheist with the ghoulking, dual screams, vargulfs with crazy chargerange that locked my ledbechers down etc. Was fun though

And second game was vs my old nemesis (we are at 14 years now, lol)
    His high elves had something like this:

Lord
    Lvl4 shadow, re-roll 1 dice

Hero
    lvl2 Life, dispell scroll
    Dragonmage, on a dragon (has +4 on casting though lvl2), charmed shield, 1 use 2+ ward.
    A BSB, with items (joined PGs)
    A hero that gives MR2 (joined PGs)

Core
    A unit of bowmen 20-30
    The rest of the points in core was on SEAGUARDS

Special
    25 phoenix guard, FC, razorbanner

Rare
    2x Eagles
    1x Frost phoenix
    2 units of sisters of 9 I think

So that is 4 fliers! Two dragons!

He started the game, got some really nasty spells. cursed my IGs with reduced toughness, he had +1 wound from the firemage etc. reduced my movement on my IGs every turn. So I didn't charge. I held, held held...
    I would not let him get the charge!

His phoenix came on one side charged my ironblaster, mine fled but he didn't manage to overrun (1 inch)
    Also he was a half inch to overrun in to my man eaters but he missed and I got the charge.

My ledbelchers first focused down his both sister units after that they turned around to take down the two eagles that was flanking around.

My Lvl4 was doing pretty good magic phases managing to give either +1 T on one unit or more (empowered) if I had more dices also the trollguts if more PDs (I got two miscasts on him but he didnt die!)

Still holding like 3-4 turns before I advance with my IGs/Ogres.
    At my turn 4 I manage to shoot down his firedragon with an ironblaster, my mournfangs get a charge rolling a 3 on D3 impacts! doing 12 wounds on the phoenix (thank you dragon hide banner) and he failed 6 of them.
    I wiped them except the heroes since I targeted the unit.
    When that happened he conceded the game and was pretty angry about it. He didn't know how bad ass the cavalry was, me neither!

He killed a few units here and there, the Ogres was 2 man left, the IGs lost 2-3 models, MEs 1-2 models.

The ONLY unit he "wiped" out was one of the three solo sabretusks!
    Was a really big win this for me! Also since he is very good at playing his HEs and this is like my 3rd game with Ogre Kingdoms..

Been babbling to much now, anyway..

Win to OGRE KINGDOMS!

/JimOK vs HE.jpg

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yeah, Mournfang Cavalry is some really nasty stuff.
    Your High Elf friend needs some help with his list though, I think. There's a lot of less-than-optimal stuff in that army. Not shorting you on the win, but that High Elf game could have gone a lot more like the Vampire Counts battle. Out of curiosity, why do you guys play 3k? There was a small group around my area that swore up and down that 3k put more units on the table, but it was just an extra 500pts, with 125 going into your Core. So you had an extra 375 to spend on goodies: most people just picked up some upgrades and a monster. That's hardly "more troops", and in my experience, the game starts to unravel a bit at 3k. More armies have trouble finding points to spend, while other armies suddenly unlock some really nasty combinations. Most of us play 2400-2500. When we want a challenge to change things up, we play down to 2k. Ironically, the 2k games tend to have more models/units on the table, because only having 500pts to spend means that you see fewer "super characters" and players opt instead to run bare minimums on everything. At 2k, I've seen armies led by Heroes.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Yeah, Mournfang Cavalry is some really nasty stuff.
    Your High Elf friend needs some help with his list though, I think. There's a lot of less-than-optimal stuff in that army. Not shorting you on the win, but that High Elf game could have gone a lot more like the Vampire Counts battle. Out of curiosity, why do you guys play 3k? There was a small group around my area that swore up and down that 3k put more units on the table, but it was just an extra 500pts, with 125 going into your Core. So you had an extra 375 to spend on goodies: most people just picked up some upgrades and a monster. That's hardly "more troops", and in my experience, the game starts to unravel a bit at 3k. More armies have trouble finding points to spend, while other armies suddenly unlock some really nasty combinations. Most of us play 2400-2500. When we want a challenge to change things up, we play down to 2k. Ironically, the 2k games tend to have more models/units on the table, because only having 500pts to spend means that you see fewer "super characters" and players opt instead to run bare minimums on everything. At 2k, I've seen armies led by Heroes.
    Yeah well he tried some new list with monsters to hold back the enemy, while withering down with hexes and shooting I guess. (Usually he has a big deathstar WL, Arielle, +8 casting banner, Frostphoenix, 2x Eagles, 2x small units sisters, some more ranged, etc..)

Well we just like having more stuff on the board, the game doesn't take that much longer. We play all from 1200-4000 (the regual is 2000-3000 pts and for me its 2500-3000). Sometimes comp/etc. And occasionally some big massive games (10-15k).

Yeah that is true about the 2k games, was a while ago though I played that..

/Jim

+ Reply to Thread