<1000 650 points Escalation league Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

650 points Escalation league Ogres

So we're starting up a fantasy escalation league at my local store, with the points increasing every couple of weeks. I'm thinking about playing my ogres which in the beginning makes for a tough match up against other armies do to low model count, but can get significantly better as time goes on. Anyway here's what I came up with for our first set of matches.

Hero:
    Butcher

Gut magic

(He's cheaper than a fire belly and at this low of points that's good)

Core:
    7 Ogres
    -FC
    -Add hand weap
    (butcher here, 3 wide, 3 extra wounds basically. Add. hand weap to dish out more attacks and win more combats, 5/6+ won't help me THAT much)

10 Gnoblars
    Trappers

(this is just to die, but make units take dangerous checks in the meantime. Perhaps even out the numbers game a bit. It's either them or 2 saber tusks for chaff and set up flanks for me)

Special:
    3 Mournfang
    -FC
    -Iron fists
    -Heavy armour

(goal is for these guys to just hit flanks and break anything they touch. However I can switch them out for 4 man eaters instead)

What do you think, please bash and criticize because I know it's a low point value.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you take regular Ogres it's almost always better to take Ironfists than AHW. IF you take regular ogres. Ironfists are deadly at low points values. I'd also try to go with a Firebelly before a Butcher as they're a better value in general. Level 1 firebelly with Ruby ring in low games is an awesome shooting platform.

+ Reply to Thread