<1000 Help with 1500pt ogre list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with 1500pt ogre list

Hello fellow tyrants . I recently got into fantasy and decided to go with ogres! Love their fluff and what they are about! I come from a 40k background. I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a stellar deal on models for ogres. Anyways tomorrow gonna have my first game with them. I did a bit of research and this is what I came up with so far for 1500pts.

Slaughtermaster:fencer blades,glittering scales 310

Bruiser:great weep,bsb,heavy armor,ironcurse icon 150

8 ogres-bellower,sb,ironfist-276 (bruiser will go here)

5 ironguts-bellower,sb,bearer of discipline 250 (sm will go here)

3 leadbelchers-bellower 139pts

1 saber 21

1 saber 21

Ironblaster-170

So this leaves 163 pts. I have considered adding a ledbelcher giving me 120 points left. I have 3 yetis,2 gorgers, some more bulls and ironguts. I haven't had a chance yet to put together mournefang calv. But will go in once made. However trying to figure out what to do with the last point or tweak list. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

More Iron guts are a good idea. I would also grab a ward save for the BSB and wizard. If you can drop the bulls in favor of more iron guts. Lots of S4 isnt that frightening, S6 is.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will consider ward saves..not sure about all ironguts at least at this points range.need a few more brodie on the field.
    Since we postponed to next week I am throwing in 2 Mfc.any thoughts on that??

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol brodie I meant bodies. Anyways with the above as mentioned
    I plan to run mournefang cal

2 mfc-heavy armor, iron fist, sb. So with this put in the list above
    that is 1497 points... that make the list good???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Mornfang are good, 4 is the best number for them. I would take the banner of swiftness on them if you can shake the points out.
    I know more guys on the table looks better but in my opinion more ironguts will wreak things. I guess it all comes down to taste and local meta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I agree with alot that you said. I was just more curious about it. At 1500 points there were comments about for ogres to try to get more model count on table just for the fact ogres at 1500 is very low and we are just starting to get to our really nice stuff. With that said. At 2k points I really expound on ironguts,mournefangs,extra ironblaster.

1.So would it still be worth it at this points range to take pure ironguts? If so what unit size would you recommend?

2.I really agree about the unit of 4 mournefang. I would run a unit of 4 with heavey armor/ironfists/sb/bellower/dragonhide banner. at 2kpoints.
    Do you think I should run them in a unit of 4 at this points range?

thanks for responses.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

If you can get 3 mornfangs at these points it should do but 4 is the magic number. As for the iron guts 16 max, 10 min. Full command with the banner of discipline.
    I will say if you want models on the table gnoblars are a good bet, most people will never touch them, but 80 with full command and trappers is only 250 pts. Keep them in range of the gen and bsb and they will not move all game. I myself have been beaten by my friends gnoblar horde once before.
    Also enchanted shield, sword of striking and tal of 5++ on the bsb could work and try to grab the 4++ on the wizard. Drop the armour if you have to.
    I know it goes well with fencers blades. But a ward will help with them nasty things like miscast, daemon princes etc...
    All in all ogres are a good army top 6 or 7 for sure, the issue is they are limited in what they can take and be competitive.
    Also have a look at additional hand weapon man eaters with poison and swift stride and heavy armour when you go up in pts. 4 of these will do wonders and do not draw as much attention as mornfangs do.

+ Reply to Thread