>3000 Shooty MSU List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shooty MSU List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Shooty MSU List

Ok, after Cap showed how to make Warhammer his bitch in the Warriors Of Chaos forum I decided to leave Chaos alone for today and was idly flicking through my Ogres book when this idea sprung to mind. Let me know what you think.

General - Slaughtermaster Level 4 (Great Maw) w/ Ironfist, Armour Of Destiny, Ironcurse Icon, Biting Blade - 353 pts
    BSB - Bruiser w/ Brace Of Pistols, Heavy Armour, Rune Maw Banner - 204 pts
    Hero - Bruiser w/ Brace Of Pistols, Heavy Armour, Ruby Ring Of Ruin - 144 pts
    Hero - Bruiser w/ Brace Of Pistols, Heavy Armour, Terrifying Mask Of EEE! - 144 pts

Total Characters - 845pts

Core - 5 Ogre Bulls w/ Ironfists - 160 pts
    This unit has the Slaughtermaster and all 3 Bruisers in. It's a 3x3 block, so the Slaughtermaster is in the second rank while the three shooting Bruisers make up the front rank. This whole unit is 1020 points, so ideally is kept out of combat.
    Core - 3 Ogre Bulls w/ Additional Hand Weapons, Standard Bearer - 103 pts
    Core - 3 Ogre Bulls w/ Additional Hand Weapons, Standard Bearer - 103 pts
    Core - 22 Gnoblars w/ Trappers Upgrade, Standard Bearer - 90 pts
    Core - 20 Gnoblars w/ Trappers Upgrade, Standard Bearer - 85 pts
    Core - 20 Gnoblars w/ Trappers Upgrade, Standard Bearer - 85 pts

Total Core - 626 Points

Special - 3 Leadbelchers - 129 pts
    Special - 2x Sabretusk - 42 pts
    Rare - 2x Ironblaster Cannons & 2x Gnoblar Scraplaunchers - 600 pts

Total Special/Rare - 1029 points

Grand Total - 2500 Points Exactly

This could be interesting to run, there's loads of strong shooting from the Leadbelchers, Ogre Pistol Bruisers, Ironblasters and Scraplaunchers, and there's chaff aplenty with all the Gnoblars and the Sabretusks. Hell, 62 Gnoblars shooting with Strength 2 Throwing Weapons might seem pitiful but if you roll enough dice... Even hitting on 5's and wounding on 6's that's still ~4 wounds caused per turn from those units. Really though, their purpose is to be mobile dangerous terrain check batteries. The banners on the Ogres are there just for Fortitude, just in case.

Like I say, this was just an idea whilst flicking through my books but it seems like it could be fun and would be rather frustrating to go up against.

An alternative would be to replace the Scraplaunchers with a Thundertusk (you can even use the last few points to make all the Gnoblar units 22 models strong, for the sake of symmetry). This would probably depend on your Meta. If you face more horde armies you would probably have a better time with Scraplaunchers, where as the Thundertusk is better against elite or cavalry heavy armies.

Last edited by TornadoCreator; November 23rd, 2014 at 13:56.
    Current Armies: Warriors/Beastmen: 5000+ Pts. Chaos Dwarfs: 3000 Pts. Brets: 2000 Pts.
    Ogre Kingdom: 2000 Pts. Undead Legion: 2000 Pts. Kislev Contingent: 1500 Pts.
    Retired/Sold Armies: Dark Elves: 3000 Pts. Orcs & Goblins: 2000 Pts.

+ Reply to Thread