Ask OverTyrant Loki - Page 18 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fjuri View Post
    But the ward save is only in CC? so it'll be the same as before no?
    thats hilarious I contradicted myself only a few sentences away from the original statement, let me correct myself It will not help against the war machine scare. But i think the fewer points of the units at least softens the blow a bit.

I still stand by my other statements. But the biggest thing to help against warmachines is gnoblar meat shields. i like groups of 40 the best for steadfast and hoard, id use 3 units, and that means that you have to have 3 units of Bulls so id rather have 3 real units of bulls than 3 units of flankers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Overtyrant Loki, today was Island of Blood day and our local GW gave away presents for the first 20 to pick up/buy their box
    Myself, lucky as always had one of the better bonus bags

It consisted of
    3 Grave Guard
    Empire Engineer
    4 Gnoblar trappers
    a Butcher

I traded away the Engineer for a Gorger, and now have my first 2 Ogres, my question oh Overtyrant, onsists of: what would be the best way to heaply expand to 1000 or maybe 1500 points, would this be possible by means of a BattleForce, to pitt my newly beloved Ogres versus the High Elves under the leading from a good friend of mine who is totally new, and wants to try my new High Elves ^^

may you always have food and the blessings of the Great Maw
    adanedhel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Oh Great Overtyrany Loki hear my plea, i just wanted know how good are OK now in 8th Ed, & how many attacks would a Butcher & a unit of 5 Inronguts get? (impact hits, their attacks, stomp) thanx. Oh & thanx for answering my question about the Special Characters in the forum i should have read before.

p.s Your wisdom is so Great that you were able to answer 4 or 5 questions that i only just thought about thanx again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Haha wow. I'm amazed this is still sticiked . To anyone who asked questions and still posts here that i did not get to i apologize. I rage quit Fantasy because I really dislike the current edition of fantasy. Also i discovered warmachine which ate my soul for a while.

Just felt somewhat obligated to check on this after the years have passed. Also howdy to all
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I'm kind of new to OK. Been thinking about starting collecting for ages and finally grew a pair and bought some ogres.

I've been browsing through the army lists and found a lot of different setups for bulls and ironguts.
    I was wondering on deployment.
    What would be preferable one big unit of say 12 bulls/guts or two units of 6?
    I get the fact that 1 unit of 12 would get a better rank bonus and all, but still... I can imagine there would be circumstances where an extra unit would come in handy.

Thanks for the feedback :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

small units of 9 are very efftive especially since if we run full command our lords and heroes have to deploy on the second rank, that said nothing beats the looks or feel of deploying a massive horde of ogres 6 wide and 4 deep, its big clumbersome but boy does it hard and as said the look on opponenets face is priceless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718