Ogre BSB - what do you use? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

Ogre BSB - what do you use?

For an army that has a recent release, this sub-forum does not nearly have enough threads and posts, so I thought I would start up some random ones, this being the first.

So I am curious what people use for their BSB model.
    Personally, I have an armless basic ogre body with a Leadbelcher head on it (the fat scarred one that's drooling). I have yet to modify a banner for him to hold, but its gonna be something crazy. I plan to use a stonehorns horns (i have a spare set).

What other interesting things do you lot have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

There's quite an amount of bits, found in the MFC and ironblaster kits, so I'll be using them with the ironguts kit.

Still wondering if I'll give him ogre pistols.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my bsb I am using a regular standard bearer with an Irongut head. For the banner I used the scrap bit of the scrap launcher.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Im debating chopping up my old school bruiser w/ 2 pistols.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

While I like the idea of ogre pistols smattered about, I'm somewhat hesitant in any army but a leadbelcher army, as I'm usually marching regularly to get into charge position. Against those lists that I would only move my base move values (usually knight heavy), a couple shots (that will likely miss) doesn't really seem to be worth it. I understand it might be of use against some redirectors, but even then, it's a low probability one will hit and even then wound and removes your option of being able to use an IF (if you're taking one) for the extra AS and ward save in close combat. I'd recommend either using your own re directors to deal with said threats or take some LB's/pistol maneaters to deal with em. That being said, Ogres look cool wielding pistols, so that might be reason enough to take them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by abbazabba1920
    While I like the idea of ogre pistols smattered about, I'm somewhat hesitant in any army but a leadbelcher army, as I'm usually marching regularly to get into charge position. Against those lists that I would only move my base move values (usually knight heavy), a couple shots (that will likely miss) doesn't really seem to be worth it. I understand it might be of use against some redirectors, but even then, it's a low probability one will hit and even then wound and removes your option of being able to use an IF (if you're taking one) for the extra AS and ward save in close combat. I'd recommend either using your own re directors to deal with said threats or take some LB's/pistol maneaters to deal with em. That being said, Ogres look cool wielding pistols, so that might be reason enough to take them.
    This isn't a thread about ogre pistols or whether they are good or not, its about what you use for an ogre BSB model.

So, back on topic, I have finished building the banner itself, or at least the basic structure of it, more bits maybe added later. I'll post a pick when I get home from work.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I think Golfag works pretty well as is. I like his giant maw thing on his back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

So, here are some pics for my banner I am working on. Still got more to do on it, but that is mostly stuck on bits later.

SANY0340.jpgSANY0341.jpgSANY0342.jpgSANY0343.jpg
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like it raganok, but maybe that is because it is identical to mine. As to what I use, sword of striking, giant breaker, potion of speed. I make him fighty because my lord is a l4. Will see if i can post some pics

+ Reply to Thread