Let's Talk Yhetees - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Let's Talk Yhetees

Viable or No? I've used them only a handful of times, their models are quick + easy to assemble and don't look too bad (imo) despite being from another age. Against undead they're beastly for the WS reduction and they hit zombies AUTOMATICALLY b/c they go to WS 0, which is nice. 142 pts of yhetees (with a greyback) = 10x str5 magical I4 attacks to a flank that can really bolster your ogre horde's combat. Yeah, I know that's 2x MFC, but they're I4 str5 attacks + stomps and if they get under the protection of trollguts, they become durable, to boot. Just be sure and not pair them up against flame banner folk! With any of the other buffs, they become that much more beastly and in a unit of 6-7, they're not too expensive, can disrupt and are fast moving + fast attacking.

I've only used them a couple times, but they've been worth the points each time and tend to get ignored in lieu of the ogre horde or sabertusk that's about to mess up enemy horde movement/charge a warmachine. I suppose in most situations MFC are better, but take what your enemy doesn't expect and they'll be facing a new set of challenges. Trying to pit of shades me to death (or any of the Init test "kill you" spells people use to kill ogres)? I4, baby! Coupled with a lore of death SM who gets the -3 to LD spell, that's reliable auto hit str5 attacks on units that are effected by fear. They're under appreciated, but not crappy and...they're YHETEES!! I know people will say MFC are a better investment, but give them a try, if you haven't!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I've never used them simply because I tend to already have the role of 3W mostrous infantry filled out by my core. They arent bad, they just don't really stand apart much from ogres.

M 6 vs M 7 is noticeable on the battlefield and the special rules do give them a neat flavor however
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

They were mandatory in the last book in 7th. Now they just serve little pupose. The flammable really hurts. Dont take them, just get more bulls.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed. id rather take more bulls

+ Reply to Thread