New Ogre Kingdom under construction - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

New Ogre Kingdom under construction

So after about a year of playing Beastmen I decided to start a second Fantasy army and mulling over it for sometime I left the local GW today with Ogre Kingdoms book.

The theme I'll be building around will be primitive and tribal so I'll probably want a firebelly instead of slaughtermaster but what should I take as my general? Also another thing... What would be a cool skin color to go with if I don't want to just paint plain flesh?

Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a old ogre kingdom player I would suggest the old ogre colour. Grey ogres look pretty good and verry nice with red tribal marks. As a bsb I would suggest a bruiser or a hunter. Alround the bruiser is the better option but the hunter seems more tribal to me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    As a old ogre kingdom player I would suggest the old ogre colour. Grey ogres look pretty good and verry nice with red tribal marks. As a bsb I would suggest a bruiser or a hunter. Alround the bruiser is the better option but the hunter seems more tribal to me.
    Grey skin color with darker red markings sound pretty cool. I'll think of that. Another option that popped into my mind was white/pale skin, like the one painted on Gutsman model in the pictures.

As for BSB I think Bruiser is the only option. If I read the armybook correct Hunter can't be BSB or General, so I would probably have to take a Tyrant as a general, since Bruiser BSB and Firebelly will eat up the points on Hero choices.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The white/pale skin also is a cool idea. You could resemble something like a cave ogre tribe who lives in the mountains. As bsb a hunter isn't a choice indeed, my bad. Your idea sounds really awesome. Maybe you can make a project (paint) log when you start with your ogres? I would to see how your idea works out. I always found the human flesh looking ogres looking to friendly. Goodluck !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could always paint him like this, I hear it's a pretty popular ogre:
    Shrek | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

jk, but seriously you could paint them sort of tan-greenish, like this:
    images.wikia.com/monster/images/f/fc/Ogre.gif

+ Reply to Thread