A bull in a China Shop - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

A bull in a China Shop

I favor Bulls over Ironguts, mainly because I have a ton of Bull Models and no Ironguts. But I find that OKs biggest disadvantage is that we are always outnumbered and having a bunch of "cheap" bulls helps counter this. I am just getting back into fantasy after taking the winter off and I am starting with OKs with very little knowledge of how to play them

So how do you run bulls?

what unit frontage is best? 3x3? 4x2? Horde?

Additional Hand Weapons or Ironfists?

how many ogres do you put in a pack of Bulls?

Do you give the squad a command?

Also i posted a 750 point list and I need alot of help with the list!

"Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer ironguts alround a little more but bulls are good to. I played a few games with my friends ogres in 8th edition and I must say ironfists are superior to aditional hand weapon. The increased save and parry save in close combat is to good to miss. I think in a small point battle a horde isn´t needed for ogres (0-1k). I would go 3x3 for ranks. In such small games ogres are strong enough with 3x3 and it makes them more manouevrable. I would give them full command because you already spend halve your points in such a unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

having a shield on our ogres is a really good idea, if the 6+ parry save protects an ogre from just 1 wound it has made 5X its points back (assuming each wound is around 10 points)

However I think the additonal Hand weapon is worth mentioning; its cheaper (but for ogres the difference is not too noticeable) and gives +1 A. With our terrible WS (for a close combat army) many of our attacks are bound to miss and having the extra hitting power can be the thing that gets your Bulls through an anvil unit.
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i deploy my ogres 4x2, maximise attacks, i use iron fists, having extra attacks would be fun, but ogres can really get hurt, apart from good toughness and wounds they are quite fragile.

Im with you bulls all the way , also keep your unit sizes up 9+ is a good sized unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Ironfists can really help your bulls stick around. Also units in the supporting ranks won't receive the extra attack from 2 hand weapons.

Against hordes 4x2 seems the best bet but for manuevering I think that 3X3 makes it much easier to get flank charges with our superior movement

So Ironfists are the best choice for equipment and 9 ogres seems to be the minimum number needed

+ Reply to Thread