Additional Hand Weapons VS Ironfists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional Hand Weapons VS Ironfists

Additional Hand Weapons VS Ironfists on ogres which is better,

Discuss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

Ironfists for me. Typically I run a 12 strong main unit of Ogres as an anvil, so the ironfists make them just that little bit harder to kill.

And they have plenty attacks anyway.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

I just started Ogres and have only played a little bit but it seems to me that the ironfists are well worth it.

For your 12 man unit of ogres, do you run it 4x3? I'm trying to get used to this monstrous infantry type stuff and it seems a front rank of 4 is ideal for most everything.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I do run my 12 unit as 4 x 3. I find that configuration is very versatile. It is small enough to fit through scenery and offers a +2 bonus on strength for the charge.
    I also usually put my SlaughterMaster into this unit.

The ironfists make it a very tough unit to kill, as well as if I get Trollguts on it.

Good choice on army by the way, at least in my opinion. Just today I sold my Dwarfs, because they are so boring compared to the Ogres. So much flavour in them.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Yeah I'm lovin OK right now. Perhaps more than my other armies (although they are new so that may have something to do with it).

I already painted my first unit from the Battallion - https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1956050

I bought that, a fire belly, 4 mournfang cavalry and an iron blaster. I already have a giant I'm painting into an ice giant currently. I actually feel ok fielding a Giant in this army because if people shoot at him, theyre not killing my other troops with multi wound crap. In a WoC army, a giant is usually not a good thing to take.

I think the next thing I buy is another regiment of ogres and another regiment of iron guts. Then after that, a slaughtermaster and a tyrant to make a BSB. After that, I suppose a thundertusk (for my ice theme) and some Yehtees (again for my ice theme).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

i go for ironsfist and normally i run them either 3 wide for the simple fact that if you take full command then any charectors go in the second rank making them safe for a while that and it gives you more ranks, actually did this with greasus gold tooth once took a few people by surprise and turned the unit into an unstopable block of death. till infernal gateway got through....

+ Reply to Thread