Uses for Spare Bits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

Uses for Spare Bits

Hi,

I'm not an OK player but I'm working on a WoC army and bought myself some Ogres to convert into Chaos Ogres (rather than use the old metal ones). Even though I don't have many, I already have plenty of spare bits - I assume just the standard ones that everyone has (heads, gut plates, hand weapons, gnoblars), so I don't suppose there's much chance of selling them.

Has anyone found productive uses for some of these bits?

I'm thinking a few heads could decorate bases (particularly useful for Dwarf Troll Slayers and the like) or go on the end of a battering ram. Gut plates could be strapped on to things like chariots or seige towers, in place of shields. Any more ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I did the exact same thing and made some Chaos Ogres out of the OK's. I did use one of the OK heads for my Throgg conversion on a Snow Troll, since I did not like the original head/face - he looks suitably troll-like now. And I added one of the big weapons to hang from his belt, too.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

Maybe I'll just stick a pile of heads together and call it a Chaos Spawn! But they're the easier bits to find uses for. The weapons aren't so easy, because they're too large for most things.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x1)

I just scratch built 2 pump wagons last weekend and used ogre swords as the front ram.

+ Reply to Thread