Stonehorn Impact hits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stonehorn Impact hits

While reading the Stonehorn entry I noticed it says when the Stonehorn charges it inflicts 3D3 impact hits INSTEAD of making its normal close combat attacks.
    Now I know this seems like a stupid question but if these impact hits are instead of its normal close combat attacks and not instead of its normal Monster Impact hits?

If so does that mean on a charge the Stonehorn does D6 Impact hits before blows are struck, and then when its Initiative turn comes around, it inflicts a further 3D3 Impact hits? Followed finally by its Thunderstomp.
    Because while that seems odd, the way its worded suggests that to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

The way i have read it, and allowed my opponent to use it is as such;

1) He charges in and causes the impact hits, just like anything else like a chariot would, before any other attacks are made. But this uses 3D3, (not D6) unless as in the rules your chrage distance rolled is high enough, in which case you roll 3 d3+1).
    2) He doesnt make the attacks on his profile for that round.
    3) At the end of combat, he may make his Thunderstomp attack as per usual.
    4) Next round of combat he fights as normal, using the attacks on his profile in Int order, followed by the Thunderstomp at the end of combat.

So 3d3 you roll 2, 4, 5. which = 6 Imapact hits (1&2=1, 3&4=2, 5&6=3).

I think if you roll a total charge distance of 10+ (check this im not sure on the distance), then you roll 3 (D3+1).

So the same result as before, 2, 4, 5, will = 9 Impact hits instead. (1&2=1+1, 3&4=2+1, 5&6=3+1).
    So basicaly 2+3+4=9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Hey folks,

I believe only the stonehorn itself (not the rider) forgoes it's attacks on the charge. So you on average get 6x str 6 HITS instead of 6x ATTACKS on the charge, which is fairly nice. Then you get to stomp em good.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure you only get the bonus to your impact hits if you actually roll 10+ on your charge (so a 10, 11 or a 12). Not if you physically charge 10 inches.

+ Reply to Thread