Gnoblar screens - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gnoblar screens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gnoblar screens

So I've had a few friendly games with my skaven vs. my friends ogres and he has been having a lot of luck using gnoblars against me. He fields 5 units of 10 gnoblars in the front of his army mainly as speed bumps that won't cause a panic bomb for fleeing threw his bulls.

So I ask the ogre community this; do ya'll also field gnoblars as cheap screens?

Pros: Cheap as chips, throwing weapons, no panic
    Cons: Could buy one more bull or a sabertusk that has better movement

I see the cons as the main arguments against 10 man gnob squads as I don't see the little blue guys used to often

"You cannot defeat change; only embrace it"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Gnoblars are awesome. Not many people will use so many though.
    They are a bit of a speedbump/chaff unit, with the added ability of (potentially) hurting anyone who charges them thanks to the trappers upgrade.
    While there are "better" uses of the points (bull or sabre, or with 5 units of trappers - Stonehorn), they do have a purpose as a meatshield for leadbelchers, or anything else you want to hold back.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x1)

I've taken a huge horde of gnoblars (60-100) and used them to hold up an enemy unit while my bulls or mournfang work around to the flank. They're so cheap it's hard not to take them and I never feel bad when they die.

+ Reply to Thread