Necromunda Redemptionist questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Redemptionist questions

I have recently had a burning desire to purge the underhive with righteous fire (and fury) and to fulfill this desire I have decided to start a redemptionist gang. I have been reading through the redemptionist rules found on GW's site and while I am fairly familiar with necromunda core rules, a few specifics about redemptionists themselves are causing me to scratch my head.

Mostly what confuses me is both mob and crusade require you to maintain balance between crusaders/devotees and priest/deacons/zealots - problem is my interpretation (which could be wrong) means once you have 50:50 you can't actually recruit anymore deacons/zealots as you'll break the balance and that surely can't be right (unless it means saving up and recruiting 2 guys at once)?

Plus from googling around (which is woeful) people seem not to be taking zealots and a few forum posts have suggested there is a limit (ala heavies I guess) but I cannot see anything in the pdf.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

I've not played with these rules, but I think you're misreading the balance bit:

• A Mob must include one Devotee for every Crusader or
    Zealot. If this is not the case then only Devotees may be
    recruited until this ratio is restored.
    • Only half of a Mob may be made up of Crusaders and
    Zealots.
    You're allowed to have more Devotees than Crusaders/Zealots, but not vice versa. That first sentence should be read as at least one, not exactly one, if that's where the confusion lies. (Is that the problem, or am I missing something else?) And similarly for Crusades.

I wouldn't worry too much about what you read elsewhere as they're probably using a different set of rules - there are so many out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YakTribe Gaming
    best place for necromunda stuff

+ Reply to Thread