Da Iron Gob tribe! - Orcs - Page 11 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Advice please.............

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Ahahaha awesome!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Borak - I might have to try that out, but I think I am sorting it. I can just never get the highlights quite right. I actually like to use the VMC Smoke - it is a black/brown wash.

haha, that little fellow rocks. I love the addition of the phone. Again with the grots/gobbos, eh? I think someone has a fetish!

Kuffy

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Haha I love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice paint job on the shield! Still cant go over how awesome the GS looks...

And the little guy is just ace, haha, hilarious!!!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Kuffy: Ah well I've not tried any paints other than GWs so I wouldn't know. Either way thats what I use. Basecoat, wash, highlight and then wash again to make the highlight blend in. Yes, with the Grots. I LIKE Grots!!!! Plus I'll eventually do a Blood bowl team out of them based on super heroes and evil villans. The problem is, I've got more ideas than I have team members!!!!

RINN: If you want I can show you how I did the wood. It's amazingly easy, even an uncultered hired Goon like myself can do it.

As for the Grot, thank you very much guys. I still haven't quite finished him (he's got a belt I havent done). Do you think I should add anything to it? Blood perhapse? Blood on the phone? I could Gore it up quite a bit but I'm not sure. Do you think I need to touch some bits up? any mistakes you can see?

PS: Remeber this guy is barely 10mm tall!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

I'd say no gore, I guess it would try to look serious that way. He's funny as it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Kuffy: Ah well I've not tried any paints other than GWs so I wouldn't know. Either way thats what I use. Basecoat, wash, highlight and then wash again to make the highlight blend in. Yes, with the Grots. I LIKE Grots!!!! Plus I'll eventually do a Blood bowl team out of them based on super heroes and evil villans. The problem is, I've got more ideas than I have team members!!!!

RINN: If you want I can show you how I did the wood. It's amazingly easy, even an uncultered hired Goon like myself can do it.

As for the Grot, thank you very much guys. I still haven't quite finished him (he's got a belt I havent done). Do you think I should add anything to it? Blood perhapse? Blood on the phone? I could Gore it up quite a bit but I'm not sure. Do you think I need to touch some bits up? any mistakes you can see?

PS: Remeber this guy is barely 10mm tall!!!!!
    For Grot, blood on the knife with drops of blood( falling from the knife) onto the base and phone perhaps?
    Otherwise i dont see any touch ups or anything similar needed, I mean it's a tiny model and speaking from my experiance with skinks, i dont think you can touch it up much better, no matter how small your brush or how steady your hand is.

As for the GS stuff, Id love to see how you did it, I am about to make a scratch made treeman as a gift and altho I allready did the wire work i havent yet started on the GS, so any help would be great!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
    As for the GS stuff, Id love to see how you did it, I am about to make a scratch made treeman as a gift and altho I allready did the wire work i havent yet started on the GS, so any help would be great!
    To be honest sculpting bark it's going to be a completely different effect to 'planks'. With planks you're sculpting the woodgrain, knots and things like that. Stuff you wont see if it's part of a 'living' tree covered in Bark. Bark should be pretty damn easy to do though, it shouldn't be much different from dented metal.

Luckily I'm building some chariots so i'll take some step by step pics of how I did them. When do you need to get your project done by?

With your model, your best bet is to make the 'rough' outline of the model and add the details afterwards. Think of it as 'playing god'. You've done the skeleton (wire) then add the muscle (bulk) then add the skin (detail). Doing lots of small steps is a hell of alot easier than doing it all at once as more things can go wrong.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; January 30th, 2011 at 19:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    To be honest sculpting bark it's going to be a completely different effect to 'planks'. With planks you're sculpting the woodgrain, knots and things like that. Stuff you wont see if it's part of a 'living' tree covered in Bark. Bark should be pretty damn easy to do though, it shouldn't be much different from dented metal.

Luckily I'm building some chariots so i'll take some step by step pics of how I did them. When do you need to get your project done by?

With your model, your best bet is to make the 'rough' outline of the model and add the details afterwards. Think of it as 'playing god'. You've done the skeleton (wire) then add the muscle (bulk) then add the skin (detail). Doing lots of small steps is a hell of alot easier than doing it all at once as more things can go wrong.
    Yea, I've been watching a lot of vids and that's the plan of action I decided on , first the outline than the bulk, I've also already decide to make it willow-y so to speak, with parts twisting and turning around each other.
    Just thought any GS wood work would help really, even if bark is pretty different than planks one can always adapt the knowledge they gain.

Anyway anything you can show me would be helpful

The project needs to be done by the end of march, although I might end up with even more time, depending on if I decide to send the model via mail or not.
    Last edited by Rinn; January 30th, 2011 at 20:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast