[ToXG] commisarlestat does empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

[ToXG] commisarlestat does empire

*Righty this thread should have been put up a couple of weeks ago but life keeps stopping me.

I started an empire army a long while ago but lost interest. My local store has now started a build campaign which links nicely with the TOXG. So up it goes. Many of the first 500 pts worth are half painted or need repainting and additional modelling.

Each month I shall be doing 500 pts but at the beginning of each month I shall say what the 500 pts will be.

First 500 is

Warrior priest with great weapon

20 spearmen full cmd
    15 swordsmen full cmd
    10 handgunners

Mortar

Enjoy

A

Ps: initially the photos will be sub par as I have to use my phone camera I shall however take proper photos aswell and replace as and when I can!

Edit:
    finished models
    mortar
    Bsb
    10 handgunners
    Warrior priest
    30 spearmen including command
    15 swordsmen including commandmodels

Last edited by Commisarlestat; November 3rd, 2011 at 07:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

As a fellow ToXGer I would like to say goodluck on your endevour. As a fellow member of RL I offer you my condolences, as I too am accustomed to being blocked by 3D obstacles

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Good luck, good to see more of us out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Ps: initially the photos will be sub par as I have to use my phone camera I shall however take proper photos aswell and replace as and when I can!
    I'm not sure what kind of phone you have, but I actually started using my phone exclusivly because I get better photos off it than my actual camera. I think it's just that my phone does better macro shots than my camera does. Only downside is that I don't have the camera to blame for poor photos anymore.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

@Klajorne Lol. I've got any iPhone which has been through the wars on site and my camera was bought with miniature photos in mind. Which is plain annoying.

@DeathPoke thanks for the luck I'm going to need it. Good luck to you too.

I was going to update with pictures last night but by the time I had a chance I didn't have enough light. Oh how I love autumn.
    However I did manage to repainting the champion of my swordsmen. The unit was originally painted blue but I've decided it needs repaint anyway and it should be red and White like the rest of my force.
    I have got a new detail brush which improved my painting back up to the standard it should be!
    I'm off out gaming with the army again tonight but I'll try and get a couple of photos before I leave.

All that's left for this month is to repaint the rest of my swordsman command and two swordsmen as well as making their banner. Oh and I little bit of rebasing in my spearmen unit.

A
    Last edited by Commisarlestat; September 27th, 2011 at 07:37.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Aha, a noble ally in the empire. I take it from your comments you are going for a talabhiem colour scheme?
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

@ChadMS I indeed am. Wanted to use colours that I hadn't really used before and I'm fed up painting yellow warriors only 30 something left go hum.

Played a game with the army and now know what I want in the next 500 pts as well as a selection of other models I just want to make!
    I've started work on my bsb which is for next months but all I have left this month is to glue an arm back on and tidy a couple of bases. Probably should redo the 4 other swordsmen as well.
    I will endeavour to get pictures up after work tomorrow (rubbish as they will be) but they will count as proof if nothing else!

A

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Right photo time I tried to tidy them up a bit but to no avail. Any here you are for now:

so top to bottom. Mortar, handgunners, spearmen, spearmen again, and the champion for my swordsmen.

I didn't bother with the WP or the rest of the swordsmen because of all of the effort to get sub par pictures better ones shall be had I assure you and then I shall add in the full quota of models so for now the above post gives a run down of what is left to do!

C and C always welcome if you can see the pictures well enough lol.

A

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

It looks like you're taking photos on a white mat that sits in front of a window in direct sunlight. So your camera is trying to compensate for all the brightness. The room seems well lit, just get away from the direct lighting and somewhere that it's diffused. Try moving around the room and taking photos here and there. Also, see what settings your camera has and mess with those. Are you using your macro correctly?

Your guys look pretty good, from what I can tell. Need moar photos!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

The reason for the hideous lighting is I couldn't get any detail without it eg the swordsman is only a few inches further away.
    If I was using my actual camera there would be no issue but I was using my phones camera so it has no settings to speak of and the lens has spent two years in a pocket full of sand!

Anyway thankyou for the reply. A list of Octobers to build models shall be up in a few days as well.

I'm going to take a few pictures on my camera tonight and see if I can put them up via the work computer tomorrow or Saturday (may not be possible so don't hold your breath).

A

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

My list of stuff to do for next month is

20 spearmen 100
    10 swordsmen 60
    5 pistoliers 105
    BSB 100
    an arch lector 150

It's a little over so I may drop something or do less the next month.

Something else I was contemplating was converting the spearmen to halberdiers as everyone says they are better and IMO an extra rank compared to an extra strength isn't much compensation. The only issue I have is that I have pikemen and many can't be converted to halberds and still look good. What I was therefore thinking was if I put halberdiers across the front and made it more obvious would that look good?

I may make halberdiers for a rank of ten and then contemplate a full unit afterwards if they work out but some extra input would be much appreciated.

Will take some "photos" of what I shall be building to put in as well.

A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast