Frost Tribe Ogre Kindoms - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Frost Tribe Ogre Kindoms

Yselte buried the axe-head into the cutting stump and looked at her hands. She had been chopping firewood all afternoon, and the blisters on her hands had swollen and burst hours ago. The haft of the axe was a mess of slimy gore. A few feet away, her mother was scraping a stretched hide. She envied her mother for being able to sit, and simply draw the bone-knife across the leather, but knew that it was dextrous work. A young girl could not be trusted with something so important, and chopping firewood not only built up her strength, but also gave her good practice with an axe. But still, her hands were sore, “Why have you stopped Yselte- you’re hands? Remember child, ‘Blood for the Blood God’” Yselte turned her eyes northward to the roiling skies, “and skulls for the skull throne,” finishing the blessing for her mother. Her father had been away on the longships for two months now, carrying the judgement of their fierce god to the soft wastrels of the South, and doing his part to ensure that the Gorehunt Tribe would remain in Khorne’s favor for another season.

As she reached a raw hand back towards the axe, she saw a trio of dark shapes cresting a distant drift of windblown snow.

“Mama, Gormach is back from the hunt!”

Yselte’s mother stood up from the tanning rack and squinted into the snow. When she saw Gormach and the other boys crest the next hill, she crossed her arms and waited patiently,
    “Get the fire ready in the yurt, Yselte, it looks like they’re carrying a meal.”

With a fire burning, Yselte heard her brother and the other hunters crunching through the snow. Yselte and her mother lived in one of the outer yurts. It had been difficult for her mother to have children, and Yselte’s older brother Gormach was still barely thirteen winters old, too young to be a proper warrior, and therefore, Yselte and her mother were not yet welcomed into the circle of War Kin at the center of camp. She ran outside and hugged her brother.

Gormach’s shirtless torso was streaked with blood, and he had a bitter gash on his shoulder. Two youths behind him each looked worse for wear, and Gormach carried the lifeless body of a fourth over his shoulders. He dumped the cadaver onto the snow,
    “Jorund” he grunted at the body. Yselte looked at it – great hunks of flesh had been ripped from the bone, and the head was only a lumpen sack of bone and gore. He had been her friend, only half a year older than her brother.

“How did he die?" her mother asked,

“Like a Gorehunt – with an axe in his hand,” one of the boys replied, Tyrgulf. His right arm hung limply at his side.

“That is good,” Yselte’s mother replied, “at least he died well. I cannot say the same for you three,” the survivors tried to look away from her darkened eyes, “take the body to his mother, and tell her why you have returned when her son did not”

Yselte looked down at her hands as the boys stepped forward to lift Jorund’s remains – they were still covered in blood, hers, her brother’s, and Jorund’s. She stepped forward to Trygulf and put her small hand on his handsome chest. When he looked at the bloody handprint, Yselte felt herself blush,
    “For the strong hunter, who came back when Jorund could not,” she managed.
    Trygulf’s mouth twisted with a smile, and he hefted the corpse over his shoulder with a grunt. Yselte watched the two boys walk off to yurt of Jorund’s family, and then fathered her mother and sibling inside.

“We need to move camp by nightfall tomorrow, mother,” Gormach was saying, “We saw them out there – the blue ogres have returned. They killed Jorund, we didn’t stand a chance, we came back to carry the warning.”

Yselte looked at her son from across the flames, “it only takes one to carry a message,” she looked at Yselte and back at Gormach “Hylan was the youngest. You and Trygulf should have died as men”
    Yselte was confused, Gormach had been hunting to the North, but the Ogres lived to the South, with the other weak things.

“Blue Ogres? Why can’t hetman Solaus turn them away?”

Gormach looked up from his bloodied shoulder, “Because Solaus’s great grandfather brought them here!”

Yselte was even more confused. Were they Daemons? “Then Solaus must know the banishing curse to send them back.”

Yselte’s mother was already beginning to pack away their few belongings, but she looked over her shoulder at her daughter, “They’re not Daemons. They’re not Ogres either. Two generations ago, Solaus’s grandfather Gurrier led the yearly Great Hunt to the South, into Ogre-country. He wanted to bring back the largest kill since Kurran began the tribe, to take over the tribe from the chieftain. The hunt marched to the Ogre Stone, and set their camp. From there, young hunters, much braver than Gormach, hiked over the mountains to attack the grazing herdbeasts of the Ogres and drag them back to prepare for the feast.

“When the Ogres discovered their great beasts missing, they rallied their tribes and made for the Ogre Stone. The battle raged for three days, and many brothers and fathers of the Gorehunt were lost. But on the second day, the Blood God was pleased, and Gorehunt stacked the fresh skulls of Ogres until they buried the Ogre Stone, and they split open the ribs of the fallen as a feast for the crows. With a glut of meat for the feast, the Great Hunt returned to the tribe.

“One pale moon later, a tribe of Ogres marched North, past the Ogre Stone. The chieftain led the warriors of the Gorehunt into the snow, and they bit their axes and howled their warcries, and the Ogres marched around them, turning their backs. Old Gurrier called out to the Ogres, and walked to speak with their fat leader. He returned saying that the Ogres did not want to make war. They were seeking something, ‘a world without a Maw’ he said, but he didn’t know what that could mean. Too afraid to fight, Gurriel convinced the Chieftain to let them pass.

“Young hunters followed the Ogres however, proving themselves in battle against the stragglers who fell behind, and dragging the carcasses back to hang high upon the spires to Khorne. Your father brought back two large, fur-covered Ogres, dragging them alone after they killed the rest of the party. He was a braver warrior than Gormach, a true warrior. But the Ogres soon ventured further North than even we dared to go, and the last hunting parties said that they saw the Ogres disappearing into a blizzard, leaving nothing behind but a trail of frozen and butchered Ogres, and footprints in the snow.

“Years later, the coward Gurrier was gunned down in battle by the weaklings of the South, as he deserved. With him, almost all memory of the wandering Ogres died. But it was not long after that they returned. On the night of the season’s fiercest blizzard, they marched out from the snow to lay waste to the camp of the Gorehunt. Man and woman stood side-by-side to fend them off, and it was only when the storm abated that the attackers retreated, leaving burning yurts and half-devoured bodies behind them. They were different now though – their skin was blue, like a frozen man’s, and their hair had turned pale and white. Their blood was colder than an ice river, and their breath frosted like a cold morning.

“Solaus will not speak of them, just like his father and his father before him, except to say that they call themselves the Frost Guts Tribe, and that their leader is a great Ogre named Fjaldur IceEater. Others with the gift of omens and visions speak more, and say that they are the same Ogres who passed by the camp those many years ago, and that as punishment for Gurrier’s cowardice, the gods took them into their realm and remade them, as a curse upon the Gorehunt forever more, doomed to appear on the coldest of winters to slaughter us or drive us across the wastes.”

Yselte’s mother looked at Gormach, who gazed forlornly at the flames, “remember Gormach, the gods do not forgive at coward,” and turning her attention to young Yselte, “and the women should not suffer a weakling.”

The siblings nodded sullenly, as their mother continued to chastise her son, “Next time, I expect you to return with a trophy, or not to return at all – that is the way of the Gore Hunt.”

**Written by CaptainSarathai @ Librarium Online**

___________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Check out my pics so far! Any feedback is welcomed!

Thanks!

THE FROST GUT TRIBE

Lords - 370

Fjaldur Iceeater
    Lore of the Great Maw
    Glittering Scales
    Fencer's Blades
    Dispel Scroll
    Level 4

Heroes - 394

Firebelly
    Hellheart
    Great Weapon
    Level 2

Bruiser
    Battle Standard Bearer
    DeathCheater
    Great Weapon
    Heavy Armour
    Banner of Swiftness

Core - 817

Ogre Bulls
    x 11 (4x3 formation)
    Iron Fists
    Standard
    **Firebelly here.

Ironguts x 10 (4x3 formation)
    Standard
    Heavy Armor
    Standard of Discipline
    **Slaughtermaster and Bruiser go here.

Special -1299

LeadBelchers x 8
    Musician

Mournfang Cavalry x 4
    Iron Fists
    Heavy Armour
    Standard
    Dragonhide Banner
    Musician

Ninja Maneaters x 8
    Scout
    Poison
    Standard
    Gleaming Pennant
    Brace of Shurikans

Sabre Tusk

Sabre Tusk

Sabre Tusk

Sabre Tusk

Rare - 620

Giant

Thundertusk

Ironblaster

TOTAL - 3500

Last edited by AshBorn; November 30th, 2012 at 00:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

My Total painted Frost Tribe so far -

Main Army Pic.jpg

Main Army Pic 2.jpg
    Last edited by AshBorn; November 7th, 2012 at 23:32.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)
    Last edited by AshBorn; September 16th, 2012 at 19:38.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

-_- Bots are getting stupider.

Anyways, Ashborn, those are some rather interesting colours, I must admit. Reminds me of the frost giants from Thor, although I can't help but think that they need some more snow on their bases. They look a little too warm otherwise.
    Last edited by SILKiam; September 19th, 2012 at 11:23.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SILKiam View Post
    Really?

-_- Bots are getting stupider.

Anyways, Ashborn, those are some rather interesting colours, I must admit. Reminds me of the frost giants from Thor, although I can't help but think that they need some more snow on their bases. They look a little too warm otherwise.
    Hey man thanks for the response! Yeah those damned bots. Will you edit out your quote of him since it seems his post was deleted?

I'm going to add some more snow. I think you are right. With being frost ogres, they cant have too much warm weather that melts the snow. Good point.. I'll repost my pics when I get it fixed. Anything else? Also the left side of the Giants belly looks more blue than it actually is... Damn cameras.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Post edited

I think that the blue skin could do with a bit of a drybrush layer. Not much, but seeing as these are ogres theres not much in the way of models going around, but a little bit off light blue on top to add an extra highlight and to correct the occasional patch of odd wash.

And yeah, cameras usually bring out the worst of peoples models.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Never been too great at dry brushing. Maybe I'll take a dumb model and test it out! Thanks for the tips!

Battle Standard Bearer Conversion from an Ogre Tyrant! -

IMG_0864.jpgIMG_0865.jpgMaIN.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

Looks great I have to agree with the snow but overall they look awesome perhaps you should have some snow atop of the cannon or have they got like a roof over it when it's not used? anyways, rep to you!
    "It is the fate of the weak to die unknown, and the destiny of the strong to rule for eternity. Give me glory, or give me death!"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattas View Post
    Looks great I have to agree with the snow but overall they look awesome perhaps you should have some snow atop of the cannon or have they got like a roof over it when it's not used? anyways, rep to you!
    I might actually do the snow on top if I knew how without screwing up the model lol. That cannon took me over 20 hours to do. I'm so scared to even touch it!

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm currently changing the color of the bases to a more sand color so the snow stands out a little better and I'm adding more to the bases. I'll repost pics in a few days.

Pictures of FireBelly finished today -

IMG_0858.jpgIMG_0859.JPG (2).jpg
    Last edited by AshBorn; September 22nd, 2012 at 01:18.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Finished my Mournfang Cavalry!

IMG_0871.jpgIMG_0872.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast