JvK's project blog: Twisted painting black - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

JvK's project blog: Twisted painting black

Okay after a brief hiatus to deal with a rather stressful 6 weeks that saw quite a few things happen including having my Necrons and Grey Knights go "missing" (read stolen from my room) I thought it was high time I started my own project blog to cover my own painting and modeling projects.

I will be running with the following projects.

Chaos Spacemarines: Largely Undivided, themed around a chapter that went traitor called the Iron Brotherhood with elements of Nurgle and Slaanesh.

Chaos Daemons: As a support element to the Chaos Spacemarines. I will likely be increasing the size to be force in their own right.

Necrons: A 2000pt force I am making to replace the one that went "missing".

Grey Knights: Replacing those that went "missing". Will be starting off as a support element to the Necrons, building up to a main force again.

Fantasy

Chaos Warriors: Various projects as my mind dictates.

Monsters: I like monsters, so I will be painting them.

JvK

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    Okay after a brief hiatus to deal with a rather stressful 6 weeks that saw quite a few things happen including having my Necrons and Grey Knights go "missing" (read stolen from my room) I thought it was high time I started my own project blog to cover my own painting and modeling projects.

I will be running with the following projects.

Chaos Spacemarines: Largely Undivided, themed around a chapter that went traitor called the Iron Brotherhood with elements of Nurgle and Slaanesh.

Chaos Daemons: As a support element to the Chaos Spacemarines. I will likely be increasing the size to be force in their own right.

Necrons: A 2000pt force I am making to replace the one that went "missing".

Grey Knights: Replacing those that went "missing". Will be starting off as a support element to the Necrons, building up to a main force again.

Fantasy

Chaos Warriors: Various projects as my mind dictates.

Monsters: I like monsters, so I will be painting them.

JvK
    *looks for images*

Did you forget them? You'll need to use the [img] tags for them. Need a tutorial?

Kuffy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

I'm sure I can figure it out. If not I'll inbox you.

Cheers.

First up will be my Chaos Lord sometime tomorrow or the day after. There seems to be this funny thing called Christmas trying to eat into my painting time.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

I know how frustrating it is when you get your stuff nicked, so I feel for you man on that front.

Nice to see you getting back on that horse it takes more effort than usual to restart an army, but there is an upside to this - at least you can collect the right miniatures for whatever build you are aiming for instead of trying out new units, getting the miniatures and occaisionally cursing yourself if that unit turns out to be rubbish in games.

I wish you well on your quest .

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Itza View Post
    I know how frustrating it is when you get your stuff nicked, so I feel for you man on that front.

Nice to see you getting back on that horse it takes more effort than usual to restart an army, but there is an upside to this - at least you can collect the right miniatures for whatever build you are aiming for instead of trying out new units, getting the miniatures and occasionally cursing yourself if that unit turns out to be rubbish in games.
    The trouble was is that I already had really good builds for my Necrons and Grey Knights to begin with. I collect to an army list, with each unit having a role to play, rather than trying out new units at random. I much prefer going for balanced but effective lists that allow me adapt my play style depending on the tactical situation of the game instead of a power gaming that will quickly make me unpopular or one-trick pony list that will fall as soon as my opponent has an effective counter.
    When my Necrons and Grey Knights got stolen I was quite upset because it took a lot of time, personal discipline and work to get those armies to the stage where I was happy with them both in terms of how they looked and how effective they were on the table-top.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Itza View Post
    I wish you well on your quest .

-Kai-Itza-
    Cheers mate.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; December 19th, 2012 at 15:47.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Okay I know it has been some time since I last posted anything in this but I have been busy with life and not had much time for the hobby, I decided to change that today and this is what I have come up with. The great thing is that I will be able to use him with both my Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos armies, which is nice.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the Dark Castellian of the Citadel of Torment.

DP Front 1.jpg
    DP Front 2.jpg
    DP Left side.jpg
    DP Right side 2.jpg
    DP Right side 3.jpg
    DP Right side.jpg

JvK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

And I was wondering where have you been lately. Glad to know everything is ok.

Great conversion. Cant wait to see him painted
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    And I was wondering where have you been lately. Glad to know everything is ok.

Great conversion. Cant wait to see him painted
    Cheers, the new Warriors of Chaos book has kind of got me fired up again despite all that has happened. I decided I wanted to do something different for this Khornate daemon prince as opposed to the usual winged variety. Having recently been reading Claymore I saw a picture of the awakened form of the Abyssal One called Islay and liked it so I went with the centaur style.
    The conversion took some doing despite it being entirely plastic as there was some trimming and green stuff work involved (my gs-fu is not strong by the way however it got the job done) but overall I am pleased with the end result.

JvK

+ Reply to Thread