A fall to Chaos (A WoC Log) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fall to Chaos (A WoC Log)

Good day ye all.

After a 8 month break from Warhammer I have returned in a new surrounding. I moved to a bigger city this week and as I realized the Warhammer store was less then two streets away I decided to make a serious attempt at doing at least some of every unit in the new WoC book (At least one of every unit).
    This will begin with me trying to finish 500 pts of models in one month (roughly 30 minis).
    This will then add together to this list:

Chaos Warriors
    Shields and Full Command 315

5 Chaos Warhounds XX

5 Chaos Warhounds
    Mutant Poisons XX

Exalted Hero
    Shield, Halberd 119
    At the moment I have

12 Warriors ( 9 based, 2 finished, 1 partially painted)
    10 Warhounds (4 based, 1 Finished, 5 partially painted)

This means I need to but 1 more Warriors kit this month (I will build the Exalted with bits from my bit box since I am strapped for cash this month). This project will then expand, hopefully with about 200-500 PTS a month til I have this 3000 PTS list all done.

After that I will probably make up a new mono list (Knowing myself either Khorne or Slaanesh... Those new units are just to yummy to ignore).

The colour scheme is extremely simple: basecoat, white armour with red trims and then several layers of washes to dirty it up, with silver metal for Rank and File, gold for command, skin, fur and trinkets done individually.

Now for some pics:
    Warrior unit:
    IMAG0001.jpg
    Champ
    IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    (Edit: Yikes I did not notice how white his shoulder/leg came out in the picture. IRL its far dirtier and less... White.)

Doggies!
    IMAG0039.jpg

Raawrrr
    IMAG0040.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I left my real camera 350 kilometers from my current postion as well as my cellphone photo stand...

The other dog unit has a different colour scheme and you will get pics once I actually finish one and I can get some proper light going.
    C&C, ideas and suggestions are all very welcome as I seem to have forgotten most of what little I knew of painting.

Last edited by The Odor; August 1st, 2013 at 05:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

White's an unusual choice for WoC, but I'm liking it so far.

The champion's shield looks really rough though. Is that just the photo? Or was it the deliberate attempt to dirty it up?

I'm not too sure about that so far, but look forward to seeing this army develop - much faster than my own, if you keep to schedule.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shield does looks better IRL but I have noticed my champion could use some cleaning. Also I am almost on schedule (Or was... Missed a few days now since I ran out of white paint. Hoping to pick up more tomorrow/saturday.)

I have a few more pictures though, they will come when I get to my connection cable. More rubbish cellphone pics though. They will be of my Exalted.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

White armour on WoC can look good perhaps try something similar to this

Not a great picture but I started with dheneb stone and worked up to white before streaking it. It means they look white but dulled.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

A

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a good look but not quite what I was looking for.
    More this:
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

A crisper white with red details looks very distinctive to me for personal reasons and.... Who doesn't love templars?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Ooh this thread looks awesome totally subscribing to this. Good work so far mate

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Ah right so more like this

In which case use the two whites base and layer and do a minimum of 4 coats (two of each)
    If you do it over black and thinly it should keep the white darker in the recesses.

A
    (I do like a good Templar!)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Maybe this?

Crusaders 1.jpgCrusaders 2.jpg

My Templar-themed unit...I use them for KoR or Grail - whatever I happen to need.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Ah MDSW I remembered your brets after posting love that army!

A

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... All of those look great. I'll do some experimenting once I get new stuff.

Way later
    My Warrior block is done (Had to resort to making a 4 man filler though since I was without stuff for a week...)

Hoping to get 1 unit of dogs done tonight (if so pictures in the morning) and the other tomorrow.
    Last edited by The Odor; August 28th, 2013 at 22:21.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast