Andy_G's production line - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x2)

Andy_G's production line

G'day!

Thought I'd take the time to set up my own little project log since finishing last years Secret Santa and wishing to get a few more models painted this year!
    I've spent a good portion of the last year collecting up a few armies but many are still unfinished, specifically a commission by a nearby friend, so this should serve to help track my progress. At least that's the hope, so here we go!

-Update 1-

Currently on the painting list are my mates Blood Angels which I've stripped and am now about half way through repainting. Only a few Tactical Marines to go, with some bikers, Ball tank, honour guard and a commander planned right after. I've also got a small warband of Tau half completed that I've been practicing my batch painting on. They're on their way, but painting over a white bascoat has been a new experience for me. Hopefully it'll come with time.

Some of the guys in the photos are completed, which I'm using to help remember the colour schemes as they've been unfinished for a few weeks now.

On the other side of things, I've also been building up a small Space Marine warband using the Dark Angel models from Dark Vengeance, painting them up in the chapters pre-heresy colours as black is fairly easy to paint. I've finished some Terminators a while back, but the Tactical Marines have only just arrived and are now ready to paint. When this will happen though is up for grabs. Did a few quick conversions with the weapons to make the poses more natural and added a few extra purity seals to make some more variation amongst the duplicate casts. Couldn't help working on the Sergeant either.

Anyway feel free to comment, next update should be in a week.

GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

2. Like Fallen Autarch liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looking good mate. Any chance of a close up of those Marines? The red looks very nice indeed. What spray are you using?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

114 (x4)

Seconding the request for close ups - and your recipe for black, if you find it so easy. (Obviously spraying everything black is easy, but how do you highlight?)

6. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x2)

Well it looks like everyone wants my secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Looking good mate. Any chance of a close up of those Marines? The red looks very nice indeed. What spray are you using?

Just regular Red primer from The Army Painter range, nothing special honestly.
    It is fun painting up armies that are mostly just one colour, so that with just a bit of shading and highlighting you can finish units pretty quickly. A far cry from my old guard units.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    Seconding the request for close ups - and your recipe for black, if you find it so easy. (Obviously spraying everything black is easy, but how do you highlight?)

Here are some terminators I prepared earlier and what has inspired the newer units. Based black, followed by Celestra Grey base dry brushed along any edges, not too strong of coarse. Now I usually use washes on my models to save time, and here I make a pretty strong Abaddon Black wash and douse the model, maybe twice if the black doesn't work enough. Then you just highlight any corners that don't stand out much with a small brush, and hopefully by then you're good to go to work on the other parts.
    Black is always somewhat hard to do as you lose a lot of definition if you don't highlight, but you run the risk of having it look grey instead if you do it too much. Hope that rather messy method helps Ben.
    GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

8. Thanks Ben_S thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
    Just regular Red primer from The Army Painter range, nothing special honestly.
    Nice. I'm going to have to invest in some of that when I get around to doing my Angels. Cheers for the tip. The Angels look nice up close as well, good job. Are you going to add some Chapter Symbols as well?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Nice. I'm going to have to invest in some of that when I get around to doing my Angels. Cheers for the tip. The Angels look nice up close as well, good job. Are you going to add some Chapter Symbols as well?
    Honestly just some decent primer of the dominant colour seems to be the way to go. Marines are incredibly simple in this regard and I'd definitely recommend just doing that, doing a bit of shading, highlights and some washes so they have a bit of texture to them and you're pretty much done. It's the poor man's airbrush!
    As for chapter symbols, my mate isn't too worried about them yet (though I'm sure he'll ask me when it's all done). The transfers are notoriously hard to put on so I've ended up hand painting the company symbols on the right poldron.
    GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x2)

Been a while since the last post, most of my work has been on campaign building and some simple batch painting. Thought I'd at least post something of the more obvious progress with a librarian and the last of the Blood Angel Infantry.
    Just some basic washing and getting the base coats down on everything that isn't armor. Won't be too long until they'll be able to join their battle brothers on the field!

GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

*Squints* Come on man. You're as bad as awakened Realms. Give us some close ups! I can't see anything ;P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x2)

Lol next time Borak. Ain't much to see atm since I've basically coloured in the right spots so far.
    GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x2)

As promised, a closer look at the boys atm. Still a fair bit of highlighting and cleanup to do before the more detailed parts such as the eye lenses and company symbols get painted on. Did change my method of doing the skin this time, working up from a chestnut ink with darkflesh, then adding in small amounts of bleached bone to layer up and high light the facial features. They'll be done by the end of the week at this rate.

GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast