A Tale of One Gamer Dad - A New Quest into the Age of Sigmar - Hope all is not Lost - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

Thanks for the response Captain. As for the sculpted legs I was only going to use that method if I used the upper portion of the chaos warrior body. I am after the ragged cloak with fur over the shoulders kind of look possibly using a bare head with beard to create a unit of veteran knights which had the look of questing for decades. In a way create a more tougher looking knight unit for the Age of Sigmar setting. I have one partial cut right now so maybe tonight I will see if I can set him up. I may actually utilize the knights (WoC) legs for this as well. Just putting together the last of my peasantry command unit (went a little too far on the converting so taking a little more time than I thought) and I have 8 new horses for a unit of KotR.

Regards,

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

So here are a few close-ups of the Hermit Knight model that I am finishing up. Taking photos with a phone here and a shaky hand so they might be a bit blurry.
    20160228_201040.jpg

20160228_201052.jpg

Now on to painting...

Regards,
    Last edited by father-chaos; March 11th, 2016 at 16:23.
    New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

A few quick progress photos.

The peasants
    20160312_135514(0).jpg

20160312_135557.jpg

Paladin on Pegasus
    20160312_135818.jpg

20160312_135834.jpg

Currently cleaning off close to twenty knights which I hope to have finished for tonight.

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The hermit Knight looks great! Seriously, that's a great conversion. The parts just 'work'.

The Pegasus Paladin looks cool. Where is the ruin from?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

The ruin is a piece from the Lord of the Rings Scenery pack I picked up a few years back and have been cutting and filing down for my Pegasus bases. I used some in my other project thread to get some height variations between them.

Thanks for the comments on the Hermit Knight. He was fun to put together, and hopefully he will be fun to use this coming weekend when I test him out in combat.

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

So thanks to March Break and the fact that my wife and kids took a trip down to Niagara Falls last night I had some time to paint and model with the house all to myself (and watch some Sons of Anarchy while working). Currently working on painting up my Bretonnian LOrd/Paladin with wolf and started sculpting on my Grail knight champion as well as putting together some bases. I will post a picture of the Lord when complete but tonight I will grab a couple progress shots on the Grail Knight.

I am using a chaos knight as the base for the conversion with a head swap for the horse so far and filing down the icons. The only wall that I have encountered is what to do for the helm. With the Grail Knight I do not want the bare head look so that I can give it a more ethereal/regal feel during the painting process. May have to test the limits of my sculpting skills on this helm. Any suggestions/tips would be welcome.

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Why not just use the Chaos Knight helms? Another option might be Space Marine heads, particularly the Black Templars, Grey Knights, and Dark Angels ones? You'd have to cut the "ears" and piping off, but I think the scale should look fine.

Failing that, use the Chaos Knight helms as a base, and make "frog mouthed" helmets, like you see for jousting. Shave the horns off, and then cut out the bridge of the nose to connect the eyes into one continuous slit. Use a little flattened square of greenstuff, and plop it on from the base of the helm to just under the eyes. Use a wet finger/knife to blend the sides into the helmet, use the flat of your knife to put a ridge down the front, and then square off the top protrusion beneath the eyes.

10. Thanks father-chaos thanked for this post.
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

Nice stuff here. I'd like to see more photos, but I particularly like the hermit knight.

Shame that Bret stuff seems likely to get Squatted sooner or later...

12. Thanks father-chaos thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

Thanks for the kind responses guys. And Captain I have begun work on three options for helms for this guy and one of them is indeed using an existing chaos helm and a piece from the Blood Angels upgrade pack that I grabbed from a buddy of mine. I am also looking to modify one of the helms that came in the Empire Knights box, it's a little more high renaissance but could still work.

As promised here are some WIP pics of the knight in question with a Pegasus champion I quickly put together the other day.

Grail Knight 01.jpg
    Grail Knight 02.jpg
    Pegasus 01.jpg
    Pegasus 02.jpg

Now for some more painting tonight. My son is back so maybe we'll get started on his Skaven as well.

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Hi Dad!! Great work, as always. I really enjoy your kitbashing as it brings a whole new dimension to the army. Your beginning work on the chaos conversion looks to be shaping up to quite the bad-ass Bret knight!!!

Keep it up!!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast