A Tale of One Gamer Dad - A New Quest into the Age of Sigmar - Hope all is not Lost - Page 3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

Thanks for the comments MDSW. Nice to see that a few of the veterans are still lurking around the site.

And @Ben_S it truly is sad times for those of us who enjoy and have enjoyed Bretonnians for so long. I can only hope that when the Age of Sigmar gets around to redoing the human faction that it is our knights whom are brought into the fold (...and trebuchets of course. I can not live without them).

Regards,

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Wow, when you said you were using some Bret bits for the horseheads, I thought you meant KoTR heads - those Pegasus heads look the business though! Really nice. If I weren't intentionally avoiding actual horses in my Chaos army, I'd be nicking this idea for myself.

With that feathered mane, I think I'd call it an ornamental crest, and get helmets to match. For the GW range, use the crested helmets from the Hellstriders kit. If you're not looking to spend an arm and leg on bits though, you should be able to find crested helms with horsehair or even feathers, by searching for Spartan or Roman heads. I know one company has some that are intended for Blood Bowl - checking Meiko Miniatures' site should turn them up.
    I think they have the classical 'T visor' on them, but you could easily cover the mouth and nose with greenstuff.

I think it would look awesome, especially as a sort of otherworldly unit of Fey Knights or some long forgotten order of a bygone era.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x2)

Been keeping an eye on this little thread, and as a old Bretonnian player it's great to see some really inventive projects using the old model kits. The hermit knight for one is a great conversion mate, the old Wright King has a nice, dynamic pose and is a fantastic base for hero characters. I used it myself a while back.
    Looking forward to seeing the other knights, as is fitting of the Bretonnians.
    GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

Thanks Andy_G, you don't happen to have any photos of your conversion do you. I have seen a few different uses for the model but all have been pretty well done, GW should have just gone ahead and released him as a Bretonnian mini. And as usual some really good suggestions there Captain, I will be looking into those shortly. But having said that, I have taken a different direction with this guy last night after I took the following WIP pictures I felt a little restless so I poured a glass of Crown and sat down at my table and before you know it I had attached a bare head (from a Blood Angel) to my Grail Knight and sculpting a little hair to cover up the hacked off earpiece and neckguard at the back.....

Should be interesting since painting skin has always been a touchy business with me (I shall have to do some test heads prior to painting this guy).

Anyways here are a few pics of the guy in question, hopefully have him finished up by Monday.

Grail Knight b01.jpg

Grail Knight b02.jpg

Regards,

And yes the cup in his hand will be painted up as the Grail.
    New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x2)

Still got an old photo of it, built a beast kin character for a D'n'D campaign that promptly flopped. Mostly bretonnian parts with a Gor head, pretty simple all up.

GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

Nice mini Andy.

So I moved ahead with my Grail Knight champion over the weekend and this is what I have come up with. A little rough in a few spots but I think I can get him ready for paint this week.

Grail Knight c01.jpg

Grail Knight c02.jpg

Grail Knight c03.jpg

I have also assembled 8 horses and finished cleaning up another 14 so the knight bus will be starting this week as well.

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

Just took a look on the Canadian website for GW and it looks as though it is official. All the minis except for the Trebuchet, Questing Knights, Grail Reliquae and Green Knight have been removed with the large stamp across them saying Sold Out.

Time to check out ebay.

New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

Some more progress in the modelling portion of this project. I have begun a small group of knights (5 in total for now) of which each knight will be a custom build, whether sculpted bits or kit bashed from whatever I can get my hands on. I will use them independently as Paladins or put them together for a unit of grail knights when needed. I have also begun paint work on my first unit of KotR horses.

My first completed Grail Knight and the upper torso of his newest comrade. As well as the three other invisible knights in the unit.
    Grail Knight d01.jpg

8 horses ready for their heraldry. (But first the hide)
    Knights 01.jpg

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Wow, those look great. The conversions and GS are nicely done I'm really impressed with the bases as well. The oval bases are just 'nice'. I'm actually tempted to see what my Chaos Knights would look like on them.....

@Andy_G I remember that conversion. It's still great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1104 (x8)

Thanks Lord Borak. I am having a lot of fun with these conversions so far and hopefully can keep the momentum up to complete the minimum of 5 that I am looking for. I think that if the Chaos Knight conversions keep going as smoothly as the first one I may have to keep going to get an entire unit filled. it is not like I don't have several dozen of them lying around here. And I have placed a unit of five Chaos knights on similar sized bases so I will grab a pic of them and throw it on here when I get home so you can see.

With the long weekend looming before me I can smell the paint... (and I should get started on some of those Skaven that I built)

And just to re-iterate a question that I had posted earlier. Does anyone know a way of 'dirtying' (doesn't sound right) the caparison on horses? I am looking to paint most of my army as though it was mid campaign but don't want the sloppy look of mud, just a dusted effect.

Regards,
    New Age of Sigmar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast