<2000 Skaven first attempt - Page 4 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

I like it it feels more skaven big blocks with weird things lol take it slaves are 10X9 formatinon with 2 characters? vermin 6x5 in the priests sound a fairly solid opiton. still not sure on slings but if they cost nothing then hel why not the only range i like is the poison wind mortors they crack me up lol but looks like a solid yet fun list to play with your opponent will hate you for that block of slaves shame you couldn't fit a warlord in there to. Have you played any games yet??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah warlord would be cool, but for the points of a naked lord you get 2x kitted up chiefs with the same stats (more or less) I think playing against this army could be a pain in the arse lol, lots going on, hard hitters all over the place and swarm o'rats sneaking up the front line, yup formations are as you say, possibly more ranks for the main unit of slaves. Slings are ace man, 15pts for one unit of 30 to get them, with the poison buff and/or flaming attacks from the banner could be a nice (unpleasant) surprise for say a 10 strong unit of hounds looking to block/disposition my frenzied units (which is all of them bar slaves and machines) they might even bring down a monster/m.infantry models with some luck which for something designed to die is pretty damn good

I've only just come to terms with how awesome the doom wheels are! / can be. And no I haven't played with them (mostly because I have only a few components to the army) also I don't often actually get to play the game (hence why i plan) mostly due to hating my local GW because the manager stole my figures...and I have only one mate whom plays but he works away most of the week

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Yeah i don't play as many games as I'd like unfortunately so I know this burden. The thing is ur likely to be in combat by turn 3 so not getting to much use out of the slings? Skaven are a pain to play against if played right your list sounds good

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The slings are just to soften up fast moving units, I don't really expect them do do much damage if any (the 2 sling units main use is charge blocking and taking ranged damage) so for slaves to get kills it's an added bonus, plus not many people will be expecting slings, so if they are ignored and try to maneuver around them, at least they can get a pelting a bit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Yeah i guess that could work. Expensive to make though as you have to buy the sling sets as extra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heeeeellll no, I will but the clan rats and simply exchange the shields for a little green stuff (sling are a piece o'piss to make +. Saves me like £50)

P.s just about to post new pics of the plague priest/great pox rat scratch build on my other thread.
    Last edited by Deed525; December 1st, 2013 at 10:31.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Cool ill check them out. Yeah tedious you have more patience than me lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol naa just determination

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Haha yeah