<1000 Skaven 1000 points - Speedhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skaven 1000 points - Speedhammer

Hey guys, just wanted some opinions on this 1000 point list I was going to use for Speedhammer at my local gameshop:

Lords*
    x1 Grey Seer (240)

Heroes*
    x1 Chieftain - BSB/Storm Banner (120)
    x1 Warlock Engineer - Doomrocket (45)

Core*
    x20 Clanrats - full command (100)
    *x1 Posioned Wind Mortar (65)
    x45 Slaves - musician (92)
    x40 Slaves (80)

Special*
    x6 Gutter Runners - Slings/Posioned Attacks (10

Rare*
    x1 Doomwheel (150)

Let me know what you guys think I tried going for some diversity in the army list, seeing as how I've never used gutter runners (Although I hear they are incredibly good at hunting down war machines)

EDIT*
    I couldn't decide whether I should stick with the Storm Banner on the BSB, or use the 50 points for something else (maybe 25 more slaves )

Last edited by Sco0terkid; August 10th, 2014 at 16:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Or use the 50 pts to give him the tal of pres and enchanted shield. I would also give the slaves shields for a much better tar pit. I would have a unit of 60 slaves with shields and no command and bulk the clan rats up to 40 ish and protect the characters you have.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Or use the 50 pts to give him the tal of pres and enchanted shield. I would also give the slaves shields for a much better tar pit. I would have a unit of 60 slaves with shields and no command and bulk the clan rats up to 40 ish and protect the characters you have.
    Took a few considerations, so here's a revision:

Lords*
    x1 Grey Seer (240)

Level 4 wizard in 1000 points is DEADLY, especially with the arsenal of spells that Skaven have to offer.

Heroes*
    x1 Chieftain - BSB/Enchanted Shield (80)
    x1 Warlock Engineer - Doomrocket (45)

Chieftain BSB for obvious reasons, with enchanted shield to give him a 3+ Armor save. Warlock Engineer's job = Get within 14", so I can use 4 dice (using averages) to blow something up.

Core*
    x30 Clanrats - full command (140)
    *x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar (65)
    x45 Slaves - musician (92)
    x40 Slaves (80)

Bumped the unit of clanrats from 20 to 30 models to better protect the unit from shooting attacks + panic (as the Grey Seer and BSB would most likely go into this unit). Attached poisoned wind mortar to deal some wounds to high armor/high toughness.
    Slaves = tarpit

Special*
    x6 Gutter Runners - Slings/Poisoned Attacks (10

Job = hunt down warmachines. If I can't get within range, they'll hunt down other units for possible flank/rear charges.

Rare*
    x1 Doomwheel (150)

Job = Zoom zoom zoom across the battlefield, zapping anything with multiple wounds and getting flank/rear charges.

I think it improved a bit. I won't have a storm banner, but the BSB and the unit he's in would be better protected.

+ Reply to Thread