<2000 1.5k Skaven Skyre - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5k Skaven Skyre

Hi, ive been getting back into warhammer and made (what i believe to be) a decent list.

Although it does have the shiny aspects, such as magic equipment and special/rare units (Gutter Runners and warmachines), it lacks any combat potential(no hammer unit) and doesn't bring a lot of numbers(in my opinion, as it could fit another slave train). Do you think this is wise?

Regardless, here is my list.

Lord:

Grey Seer*
    Dispel Scroll
    Talasmin of Preservation
    D3 tokens
    310pts

Heroes:

Chieftan*
    BSB
    Storm Banner
    Halberd
    122pts

Warlock*
    Doomrocket
    45pts

Core:

28 Clanrats**(Grey Seer and Chieftan go into bunker)
    Standard, Musician
    124pts

5 Giant rats
    Packmaster
    23pts

5 Giant rats
    Packmaster
    23pts

50 Slaves*(Warlock goes in here)
    Musician
    102pts

50 Slaves
    Musician
    102pts

40 Clanrats(can deploy in horde formation, generally do)
    + shields
    Standard, Musician
    192pts

Special:

7 Gutter Runners
    + Slings
    + Poison
    * 2 with Snare-nets
    126pts

Rare:

Doomwheel
    150pts

2 Warplightning Cannons
    180pts

Tactical breakdown:
    My damage output comes mainly from the warplighting cannons and magic, which is although good is unreliable.
    I am (hopefully) able to slow opponents down with Chaff, in the form of Giant Rats, Gutter Runners and the Warlock once he's fired his rocket.
    Slaves and large clanrat unit tarpit when necessary.

So thoughts of the list as a whole?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite no ones reply, a few hundred views have mounted, so this post will be an update of sorts in why i have re-altered the list.

The list as follows...

Grey Seer*
    Earthing Rod
    Talasmin of Preservation
    D3 tokens
    310pts

Heroes:

Chieftan*
    BSB
    70pts

Warlock*
    Doomrocket
    45pts

Core:

28 Clanrats**(Grey Seer and Chieftan go into bunker)
    Standard, Musician
    124pts

5 Giant rats
    Packmaster
    23pts

50 Slaves*(Warlock goes in here)
    Musician
    102pts

49 Slaves
    Musician
    100pts

40 Stormvermin(can deploy in horde formation, generally do)
    Standard, Musician
    295pts

Special:

5 Globadiers
    50pts

5 Globadiers
    50pts

Rare:

Doomwheel
    150pts

2 Warplightning Cannons
    180pts

Total 1499

Review:
    So, ive really noticed that i need a unit that can actually hurt an opponent, in this case the Stormvermin. In conjunction with Death Frenzy they can actually do something! I have taken more spells from ruin as i enjoy the range, but depending on the opponent and mission i can alter lores and fit that into my playstyle.

As im aiming for a Skyre list i dropped to one unit of giant rats and opted for globadiers instead. Not having a whole lot of luck, only doing 1 wound per shooting phase, then get march blocked and are slowed.
    However, having so many deployment drops is a huge advantage and it fits the fluff.

I have noticed the weakness' of my list, as i struggle on the offensive, even with the addition of Stormvermin, i really need to fight on my terms, out deploy the opponent, choose my fights and push or pull the battle line where it needs to.

Enjoy folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you're leaning towards a skryre - list, I should be able to help you.

Characters :

1. Your seer should always use the Spells of Ruin, in order to keep the pressure up on your opponent. Your choice of items is good, but remember, he can use a WEC.

2. Give your chieftain the, Ruby Ring of Ruin. A sorely underrated item, and perfect for a skryre list.

3. Upgrade your rocketeer, to a level 1 caster and add a WEC. As your points increase, plan to add two more warlocks, one with the brass orb and the other with the death globe. You'll be using skitterleap, to get the most out of them.
    Alternatively, you can just use them as level 1 casters.

Ending notes : Don't shy away from picking through the scavenge-pile, namely the warplock pistol. There's a lot of targets within 10 inches, choosing to fire at charging opponents, and it can be combined with a hand weapon for an extra CC attack (also AP, has UA, and is a WW).

As your list increases in points, look towards using a warlord as a LD generator, and maybe Ikit.

-

Core :

1. I prefer to use a unit of stormvermin, as my bunker. A unit of 30 ( including characters ) with shields, and a full command. The fangleader is given a warplock pistol, and I'm left with the option, of using a magic standard.

2. Clanrat units should be at least 30 models ( including characters ) with shields, a musician, and a standard bearer.

In addition, both of these units should always have a team attached to them :

a. Thanks to 8th ed, and the horde rule, PWMs are now the top choice.

b. Rattling guns still have there place, which is between their parent unit and a skaven slave unit ...

c. Flame throwers cause flaming attacks, stop regen, and are great at wounding multi-wound models like ogres.

They're all considered "magical" weapons, so chatter with glee, as ethereal units drop in droves.

3. Giant rats are debatable. While cheap, I believe PWGs and Jezzials to be more flexible and dangerous.

4. At least 2 skaven slave units of 40, with shields. They're surprisingly durable, and will hold up an opposing unit, until you're ready to deal with it.

-

Special :

1. Gutter runners are a great addition to a skryre list. Set to take out your opponent's missile troops and war machines, I won't take more than 2 units of 5, with their default gear.

2. Units of 3 jezzials, which includes a sharpshooter. Lurking just outside my LD bubble, and hiding behind a wall or inside a building, their job is to pick off calvary and lone models.

Hero on a pegasus? My left foot! ... *BOOM*

3. A unit of 5 or 6 PWGs, which includes a bombardier with a DG, and attached PWM. Run them between your units, in the hopes of one devastating volley, before they're turned into bloody chunks.

The longer this unit survives, the more dangerous it becomes.

-

Rare :

1. Always take 2 WLCs.

2. Plagueclaw catapults, while not a skryre invention, are devastating against horde lists. If you can afford it, take them as a pair, though one is still viable in my opinion.

3. Doomwheels, the monster-slaying chariot that everyone fears, is always worth taking. If it manages to survive the first round, it has the potential in becoming a game-changer.

4. Personally, I don't see a reason to include the HPA. Some do, but I prefer a mono-skryre list.

-

Beware the lightning ...
    Last edited by iAmMurdoch; February 11th, 2015 at 17:09. Reason: I type too damn fast ...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers, i do like the Ruby Ring idea, will take this into consideration, but Skalm on my Seer has taken priority.

While i would like to add a few cool units, the points cap has been an issue, by the time i put all the essentials together, there isn't a whole lot of points remaining in my view, the few points available i try to make the list more Skyre based, hence the Globadiers.

I used to run Jezzails, but generally needing a 5+ to hit, high points cost, the ability to flee so easily and having a large foot print meant i did not use them.

I really enjoy Giant Rats, a unit of 5 with a Packmaster all coming under 25pts is a bargain, though i aim to convert mine to appear more 'Skyre like' with the addition of pipes, cables ect..

+ Reply to Thread