Skaven Slaves - WYSIWYG - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    250 (x6)

they sure can

EDIT: 6+ ward save

Last edited by Tony Streeter; June 9th, 2012 at 23:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

If you didn't understand, that means no don't give them shields, they're just there as a distraction and are going to go pop anyway. If you have Clanrats, give them shields, but not slaves. Come on, like any sort of self-respecting Skaven would give his underling half-decent equipment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    250 (x6)

Thant's what I thought but wondered if there was actually any advantage ha ha

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Streeter View Post
    So I know the WYSIWYG rule applies but I recently purchased IoB and am playing Skaven.

Would it be a problem if I used the clanrats as skaven slaves with just hand weapons. The Shields are moulded onto the figures and I have 20 hand weapons and 20 spears? Or am I better to get more clanrats and to each unit to make 2 units, one with hand weapons and shields, one with spears and shields?
    There's no problem, though I prefer my skavenslaves to have shields, just to tick off my opponents "that much more" ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

I generally give my slaves shields as well.

Just comes in handy, dying a little bit slower than otherwise for a small points upgrade. Can come in handy especially in trying to keep ranks and steadfast going until spells and warpfire and burn the engaged enemy out.

For WYSIWYG, agreed nobody really cares, at least not when it comes to a giant horde of rats. I use a bunch of the old skaven models with no shields and a bunch of the IoB skaven with swords and spears for all mixed together in formation for my clanrats/skavenslaves, but as long as I tell my opponent they're all hand weapon+shield beforehand, nobody has a problem.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I used to do that with my skeletons in my vc. I used about 75% spears, just to make them clear. I just wanted ot to look like they came out of the ground with whatever they had.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12