Exanding my Skaven Army? - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stormvermin. Good combat beasts and they look great. I never make a list without one block. They stand out really well in an army. Havent really used night/gutter runners so dunno about them but in theory very useful. Plague Monks are always a good choice though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Personally, I'd suggest on making a choice, between the Bell and the Furnace. The furnace goes so well, with mass monks and bearers.

Globadiers and RGs, are my favorite teams. Simply devastating, and entertaining, when they "oops".

You'll need slaves, as well as clanrats, if you're going in that direction. Remember, unlike other armies, we CAN shoot into combat. So, tie up a unit with slaves, then use your teams against them.

You'll need a BSB.

Current opinions suggest, 2 WLCs, then your choice of "rare". Again, this depends on your army's idea and direction.

I worship Khorne ... every 28 days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a while! Looking to expand my army even more. All my models are painted, and I'm itching to expand the Skaven army. Currently I have:
    x1 Warlord from IOB
    x1 Warlock Engineer from IOB
    x1 Plague Priest from Screaming Bell kit (Magnetized to be able to go onto a base and the furnace)
    x1 Grey Seer from Screaming Bell kit (Converted to be able to go on a base and on the bell)
    x1 Magnetized Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace

x100 Clanrats
    x4 Rat Ogres
    x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar
    x1 Warpfire Thrower

x1 Doomwheel
    x1 Hell Pit Abomination

I want to be able to play 2000-2500 points, so I was wondering what models I should get to fill up those points. I was thinking of getting more clanrats for slaves/clanrats, so I can have bigger blocks. I've alwso been thinking of getting 2 boxes of plague monks. Lemme know what I should pick up and paint

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sco0terkid View Post
    It's been a while! Looking to expand my army even more. All my models are painted, and I'm itching to expand the Skaven army. Currently I have:
    x1 Warlord from IOB
    x1 Warlock Engineer from IOB
    x1 Plague Priest from Screaming Bell kit (Magnetized to be able to go onto a base and the furnace)
    x1 Grey Seer from Screaming Bell kit (Converted to be able to go on a base and on the bell)
    x1 Magnetized Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace

x100 Clanrats
    x4 Rat Ogres
    x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar
    x1 Warpfire Thrower

x1 Doomwheel
    x1 Hell Pit Abomination

I want to be able to play 2000-2500 points, so I was wondering what models I should get to fill up those points. I was thinking of getting more clanrats for slaves/clanrats, so I can have bigger blocks. I've alwso been thinking of getting 2 boxes of plague monks. Lemme know what I should pick up and paint
    If you want to field the furnace you need to have a block of plague monks, otherwise your furnace can't move at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After trading in some 40k models (For a REALLY good deal! ), this is what I'll end up with:

x2 Grey Seers
    x1 Screaming Bell
    x1 Plague Furnace
    x2 Plague Priests
    x1 Queek Headtaker - Usually use him as a Warlord. His model is just so cool
    x1 Chieftain BSB
    x1 Warlock Engineer
    x2 Warp Lightning Cannons
    x2 Doomwheels
    x1 Hell Pit Abomination
    x280 Clanrats (Slaves/Clanrats/Stormvermin proxies)
    x40 Plague Monks
    x6 Rat Ogres
    x2 Poisoned Wind Mortars
    x2 Warpfire Throwers

All of this clocks in at around 4,000 points (assuming all the clanrats are un-upgraded clanrats.. so Stormvermin proxies = MORE POINTS). All I really need is to get some Gutter Runners, and I'd say I have a pretty set Skaven Army, where I can basically put in anything I want in a standard game
    It's been nice expanding my army. I think after I get some Gutter Runners and paint everything up, I'm going to be done expanding Skaven for a long time. The only thing I can think of getting is a Brood Horror from Forgeworld as a cool second version of the Hell Pit Abomination.

I can't wait to use these models in high point games
    Thinking of even making some batreps for you guys. Anyways, best of luck, my rat friends!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! I'm back, and it's crazy to think that the last time I posted here was 7 months ago.

Speaking of expanded armies, my Skaven army has only gotten bigger, and I'm actually planning a 6,000 point match against Lizardmen soon! Let me know if you guys would want me to keep notes down and make some form of a batrep with them. Until then, stay tuned for that!

However, these are some new additions to my army:

x1 Hell Pit Abomination
    x1 Plague Furnace
    x3 Warlock Engineers
    x40 Plague Monks
    x60 Stormvermin
    x2 Rat Ogres (used for conversions, listed below)

SO IN TOTAL:

x2 Grey Seers
    x1 Screaming Bell
    x2 Plague Furnace
    x2 Plague Priests
    x1 Queek Headtaker
    x1 Chieftain BSB
    x1 Warlord on Rat Ogre Bonebreaker
    x1 Warlord on War Litter
    x4 Warlock Engineers
    x2 Warp Lightning Cannons
    x2 Doomwheels
    x2 Hell Pit Abomination
    x280 Clanrats (Slaves/Clanrats)
    x80 Plague Monks
    x60 Stormvermin
    x8 Rat Ogres (Usually used as unit fillers.. They are just too meh for my tastes)
    x2 Poisoned Wind Mortars
    x2 Warpfire Throwers

Like I said, I'm planning a 6,000 point list currently, which should be tons of fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12