Skaven Army List Help Please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skaven Army List Help Please!

Hey there! I just purchased the IoB box set, and want to start expanding the skaven army a bit. I know I need the army book, and I'm working on getting that as we speak. However, I was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions as to what I can do for a next step with the army; Maybe some Plague Monks, Stormvermin, just more Clanrats or maybe even a Doomwheel? Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks so much, and have a great day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ca-2012-a.html
    This should be your first stop.
    Since skaven have a couple different playing styles I'm not sure exactly what to recommend you. Shooting or Combat... that would help a bit
    They totally need to put Bagpipers in for the high elves.
    X amount of points- any army with a bagpiper in them wins automatically based on sheer awesomeness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I really like the idea of Plague monks, but would like to make a long range army that is capable of taking units in close combat if (when) needed. Thanks for the link, that's awesome!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

The thing i hate most about my friends skaven slaves 100 block of slaves with chieftian and bsb ld 10 with re rolls always stead fast and costs hime like 300pts >=[ i hate it sooooooooooooooo much

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Why hello there and welcome to the skaven section of the board.

Hope you don't mind a slight delay in replying, but I thought I would chip in with a little bit of advice. Been playing skaven for a goodly long time now, so theres a few things that you can do to get yourself started:

1 - Buy MORE models! Got the starter set? Thats good! Now go and get it again, and again and again! Trade those pointy eared elf things for more ratmen. No matter what you do with the Skaven army you are going to be needing a metric crap tonne of models in order to stand any chance in winning games! And it's a good thing that the Warhammer starter set is of a decent value when you are trading with other players or selling the elves off. Just to give you an idea of just how many models you are going to be needing here's a brief run down of my tournament army list (Nothing major, just a few wins on the local scene)

Grey Seer
    Warlord

Chieftain
    2 Warlocks

10 Giant rats
    75 Clanrats
    100 Skaven slaves
    60 Stormvermin
    A few weapon teams

2 Lightning cannons
    2 Doomwheels

By no means the actual composition of the army, but it's there just to give you an idea about just how many models you are going to be needing to run! Thats about 250 models in the army.... More if I decide to drop a few of the stormvermin for more clanrats or Slaves. This is by no means exhaustive. But hopefully it should give you a little to go by when deciding just how much in the way of money is to be had!!

2 - Get yourself a battle standard bearer! I don't care how fancy of an idea you already have with your army, I don't care what your mates say, I don't even care if you don't like the idea of converting one. Buy a battle standard bearer ASAP! They are the lifeblood of the Skaven book. A chieftain with a standard (doesn't have to be magical) will keep the core of your army fighting longer than it has any right to. Combine it with a high leadership general and you can grind your way through units out of sheer stubbornness and a little luck!

+ Reply to Thread