New to skaven need help - Page 4 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by d_k_patt View Post
    Yeah I feel the doom flayers should be at least tough 4 with 2 wounds the strength is low but I think of it as an chariot and I compare in my mind another chariot at that cost is tomb kings they are str 4 tough 4 ,3 wounds and save 5 + so I feel the flyer just needs to boosted to chariot for d6 impact hits and str 4 tough 4 save 3+ and 2 wounds and it's current attack system and it would be worth 55pts.
    Just put it into the unit like an Orc Great Spear. In fact, do that with all the weapons teams. Or, fix the number of shots on the Ratling Gun, and make them into a unit of their own, dual-kit with Jezzails. Then replace the current Mortar teams with larger, conventional Empire-style Mortars and be done with it.

Of course, none of this would work as Dark Eldar or Chaos stuff in 40k (like the new Fiends) so it won't fit GW's "new aesthetics" after ETs. Bullsh

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Things like the fire throwers for it points need to have the move or fire taken away and be able to put into the unit as you say the rest I think maybe allow the option for them to be in the unit but also give them a choice to be a special and a unit in there own right. Ratling guns should be like the storm fiends 3d6 mishap on a triple. I agree that the mortars again should be it's own war machine I think it's current wounding system is good I would see it move to war machine with large template for say 80-85pts so it's a little less than the wlc.

Yeah your right gw have a way of doings things at the moment and skaven don't quite fit that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely agree with Cap's assessment (partially through personal experience). So many tar pits, which can hold everything (I had one unit of slaves hold up a unit of knights and a steam tank for 2 turns), but you can't push any damage into them. Hammers are required, and Globadiers are part of the whittle down strategy for sure (I only ran 10, I'd recommend another unit for max usefulness, as they quickly became a target).

I also agree with dropping the bell - it just becomes a big cannonball magnet, IMO. Maybe in larger games, definitely not in smaller ones. Too many points. Let us know how your list fares!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Thanks I think I will give it go and see what happens. Dunno what I will change for I don't think plague censor bearers are any good so my choice is ogres or globadiers
    Last edited by d_k_patt; April 27th, 2015 at 21:01.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Censer Bearers aren't bad, because they ignore armor with their Censors, and then get to swing in regular combat. Granted, they'll kill themselves and each other, but only on a 6, whereas most of your opponents will drop dead on a 5+ or even a 4+. That's on top of getting 3A (at S5, with Hatred, in the first round) and being T4.

If you're considering fielding some kind of Pestilens units, then you really cannot go wrong with Censer Bearers - they're expensive, but they're terrifying.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Did think of doing them but wasn't sure if they were any good as I was thinking they could drift between units and counter. Was thinking I could convert them to be warp fire fanatics rats that have worked deep in the warlocks furnaces and have breathed in to much warp laced smoke they have gone mad. Just to keep it clan skryre

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

How many censors in a team I was thinking 3 teams of 5?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Ok after all the advice this is the list I will be play testing over the next couple of weeks.

Lord brood horror heavy armour enchanted shield tali of pres warlock augmented weapon iron curse icon.

Grey seer ( warlock enginseer ) tali of endurance warp condenser warp lock pistol

Chieftain bsb armour of destiny halberd

Warlock pistol

Warlock pistol

35 clan rats shields standard poison wind mortar

35 clan rats shields standard poison wind mortar

39 slaves shields paw leader Musician warlock here 5x8

39 slaves shields paw leader Musician warlock here 5x8

40 storm vermin standard fang leader poison wind mortar 7x6 Chieftain and grey seer here

3 rat ogres 2 handlers

2 doom wheels

2 warp lightning cannons

2500pts on the nose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234