VC starting army - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

I'd drop commands to just standards where there is no character. I would drop vargulf get another terrorghiest also and people may disagree but with a level 4 and 2 you will have raise dead and with 3 invocations of nehek you can raise zombies and make them big quick (i love doing this) I would plow those points into more skeletons. One final not if your taking red fury drop sword of might and find points for the plus 3 attacks sword my roll out is 3+ sword 5++ ward and dragon helm shield red fury quick silver heavy armour barded steed people will hate you for it 1+ armour 5++ 8 attacks str and tough 5 and ability to get wounds back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips d_k_patt. I want to have a second terrorgheist but my collection doesn't contain one, and I just bought one so I won''t be buying another for a while lol. Plus I think the varghulf is good for the army, it has more combat punch and is harder to kill than a terrorgheist, also saving 50 points is a good thing . I want to go more defensive/ magic heavy for my lord that pure combat guru. I was thinking of actually switching the build to have barded nightmare, shield, armor of destiny, dawnstone, sword of might, quickblood, redfury and summon creatures of the night. Also considering breaking up the zombies into 3 units of 20, and taking out a couple units of spirit hosts for a couple fellbats and spamming invocation for the first turn or two. What do you think?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Tbh if your not taking high end blender lord there isn't much point to a vamp lord if you want a magic defensive force take a necro lord lvl 4 he is a fraction of that cost get some crypt horrors as the regeneration and it's 1 wound plus level so you can put back 5 wounds I tend to play like that when defensive 2 blocks of 6 of them lots of skeletons. Then I get heavy hitters and if I want it on the flank a vamp with level 2 summon creatures 3 units of 2 bats and 2 units of 6 dire wolves your still genrating 3 wounds per cast. The problem is that with this kind of list your reliant on your magic so much more so than usual but when it works it works really well

Failing that plough points into the vamp sword of blood shed enchanted shield tali of endurance barded nightmare heavy armour quick silver summon creatures red fury 3 levels he rolls in at 543 pts he has a 1+ 5++ asf 8 attacks with extras level 4 can boost units up. Put him in a unit of 14 black knights full command banner of the barrows and again 2 units of 5 dire wolves and 3 units of 2 fell bats keeping close to the unit. Then for Hero's take a couple of level 2 necros to keep your core moving if you have the points after buying core and some more heavy hitters get a weight king bsb barded stead great weapon and staff of Damnation dragon helm that can boost your attacks nicely. That's my preferred style of play if your going to take a vamp lord you may as well put the points into him
    Last edited by d_k_patt; June 19th, 2014 at 12:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12