What would you say about this Vamp lord build I am using this Sunday? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you say about this Vamp lord build I am using this Sunday?

Vampire Lord
    - Heavy Armour
    - Level 4 Wizard of Vampire
    - Sword of Strife (+2 Attacks)
    - Talisman of Preservation (4+ ward save)
    - Enchanted Shield
    - Red Fury
    - Supernatural Horror
    - Dread Knight

Total Cost: 506 (He also owns Vlad in combat )

P.S any tips against skaven? Im playing them this Sunday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Dread Knight vs skaven is not needed. You are hitting them on 3s anyway and being forced to challenge is not a good idea with this chap. He should be killing units off not unit champs/low lvl heroes. I would swap horror and dread knight for quick blood to get some nice re-rolls and cleave a rank per turn off any unit he has. Also you could use the extra 20 pts of powers for fear incarnate.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally don't like going for extra attacks of over extra strength. You pack plenty of RnF cleave ability with RF and QB, use an Ogre Blade and you can blend apart anything particularly mean that comes your way with a high AS or T as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by A'zreal View Post
    I generally don't like going for extra attacks of over extra strength. You pack plenty of RnF cleave ability with RF and QB, use an Ogre Blade and you can blend apart anything particularly mean that comes your way with a high AS or T as well.
    I guess the real question is, will you face anything in the Skaven army that would have a high AS or a high T? Or would a plethora of attacks be more useful? When your enemy is T3 what's the importance of a S over 5?
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
    I guess the real question is, will you face anything in the Skaven army that would have a high AS or a high T? Or would a plethora of attacks be more useful? When your enemy is T3 what's the importance of a S over 5?
    Hellpits, Bell, furnace. Pretty good chance of seeing one of those three if not two of them and we don't exactly have a plethora of access to high S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for the feedback, ive took it into consideration and i must say i have to agree with black. I do believe on the whole the extra attacks would be better than the extra strength. I have also made the changes Lucas suggested.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Sorry about late reply on this I would take the sword of blood shed enchanted shield tali of endurance barded nightmare for 1+ 5++ and 8 attacks red fury quick blood you will ruin even chaos warriors tbh apart from big gribbles str 5 is sufficient I'd pop this bad boy in some black knights with a weight king bsb with gw staff of Damnation and the unit standard of banner of borrows.

+ Reply to Thread